GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spanish Squad"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/06/01 at 22:44
Regular
Below are the best 11 Spanish players, in my opinion.

GK - Santiago Canizares
DF - Sergi
DF - Albert Ferrer
DF - Abelardo
DF - Alfonso
MF - Hierro
MF - Ivan De La Pena
MF - Gaizka Mendieta
ST - Raul
ST - Fernando Morientes
ST - Luis Enrique

Santiago Canizares

Canizares is one of the better known members of the team and has kept goal well for both Spain and his club Valencia in recent years. At the age of 31, he still has a good few years left in him to add to his tally of 26 caps he has accomulated so far. This keeper seems to have goo handling and reflexes from what I have seen from him in the Champions League and Euro 2000. He has kept clean sheets on a few occassions for his country, but managed to let in 3 against Yugoslavia, mostly due to a disorganized defence. Lets hope the defence in front of him can protect him a bit better in the future!

Sergi

Sergi is a long serving player who has played for Barcelona for a large chunk of his career. He is still only 29, and has made himself a first team regular for both Barcelona and Spain, making the left back position his own. He has picked up 59 caps for himself along the way and scored one goal. This player is a good tackler and passer of the ball, and I rate him quite highly. This player has a good few years left in him and U feel that he can still be a valuable asset for both club and country.

Albert Ferrer

The only player in the Spanish squad to actually play outside of Spain, as Albert play for English club Chelsea. He has been in and out of the team quite a lot in recent years and this right back has been capped a total of 35 times, although he has never scored for his country. This is not where his strength lies, as when I have seen him play for Chelsea he seems to be a good talented, no nonsence defender. I don't know if he is a regular member of the Spanish team any more but I do know that he certainly makes for a useful member of the squad.

Abelardo

This player is a long serving player for Barcelona who is now 30 years old. He has been a regular in the Spanish line up for quite a few teams now, with a total of 54 caps to date. Because of his position of either playing centre back or right back, he has only managed to score 3 goals for his country. I think this player is a good one and I have seen him play for his country a few times in major competitions. I feel that he can play a big part in the next World Cup for Spain, as he is a no nonsense, tough tackling defender, which is why he has become a regular in the first team and squad. This player has a good few years left in him, and he could even travel to Germany with Spain for the 2006 World Cup. He will be 36 then, but if Matthaus can do it at the tender age of 39, then why can't Abelardo. A good servant to his club who has had a well deserved long international career. Long may it continue!

Alfonso

This player has recently moved to Barcelona from Real Betis. He is a highly valued centre forward whom at the age of 28 is in the prime of his career. Like Abelardo, this player has obtained quite a large number of caps, 42, although he has managed to score 11 goals, with a strike rate of about 1 in 4 games. This player is not really a striker that will set the world alight with skill, more one that will keep plugging away for the cause of his team. You probably won't see him in a Barcelona shirt too often due to the enormous amount of competition down there, but he is certainly a useful addition to the squad of both his club and country. Lets just hope he can score a few more goals on the big stage.

Hierro

Hierro is a hard hitting central midfielder who is a long term server of Real Madrid. He is similar in style to Roy Keane, and is also captain of his country. At the age of 32 he is getting on a little now but still has a good few years left in him, and his 78 caps that he has managed to get is a huge total. Extrodinary that he has managed to score a total of 24 goals for his country-a great amount for a defencive midfielder! This man is very well known and you will see him play for Real Madrid in the Champions League, possibly spearheading them towards another title! His loyalty is superb, with the majority of his career spent at Real. I just hope that he manages to keep going for a while longer!

Ivan De La Pena

Ah yes, Ivan. He has moved around a bit but now has eventually found his way back to his favourite club and the one that brought him up through their youth system, Barcelona. He is a vastly experienced midfielder and also makes for a great captain. He is only 24 but has been in the first team of every major club he has visited in the last few years, including Barcelona, where he even managed to take over the captaincy for a while. So far, he has 24 caps and 4 foals to his name, a splendid record for such a young player. This player is tough in the tackle and good with his distribution, and I feel he can be a key player for Spain for years to come. He still has another good 10 years left in him, so lets hope he makes the most of it and makes it to the very top! Good luck Ivan!

Gaizka Mendieta

Gaizka is a recent signing for Valencia and is now a regular in the centre back position for both club and country. This 26 year old has been capped 20 times, scoring in a quarter of these games, with his 5 goals being an impressive tally for a defender! He is said to be valued at a staggering 17 million pounds, and he is probably worth every penny of this money. I think he is a good player and he impressed me with his solid performances for his country in Euro 2000. Lets just hope that he continues to impress as he is an asset to the International game and is a pleasure to watch. We will no doubt see you in matches in the not too distant future!

Raul

And then we come to one of the most hyped up players in recent years-Raul. This speculation is not undue however, as he is only 23 and has already made 42 appearances, scoring 20 goals! By the time he is in his late twenties he will probably have made over 100 caps, scoring a load of goals in the process. Personally, I am a big fan of this man, as he is fast, quick, accurate and basically just terrifies the hell out of defenders. Who would not want this boy in their team? He is going to be a world-class player and a half when he is older, just wait and see!

Fernando Morientes

Another Real player that words can simply not describe. I'll have a go; his finishing is superb, his pace is immaculate and he is simply a world-class player that can provide the goods up front. I expect this player to be a great one for many years to come, and he has already made his mark on the International scene, with 9 goals in just 15 appearances. This player is going to be red hot in years to come, as he is only 24 and has not yet fore filled his full potential. When he does, the world is going to be forced to sit up and take notice. I would wish this man luck, but I have the slight suspicion that he doesn't need it!

Luis Enrique

A Barcelona player that is extremely adaptable, as he has been known to play in every position in the forward and midfield places. Occasionally, he has been known to play in defence, but I have not yet heard of him taking up the gloves in goal! He has made a total of 57 appearances for his country as well as scoring 12 goals. Luis has been at Barcelona for quite a long time and is a first team regular, being able to produce the goods week in, week out. He is regarded all over the globe as a top class player, and this is no different in the Spanish squad, as he plays almost every international he is fit for now. He is committed to his club and country both on and off the field and I think he is going to remain to be a talented player for a few years to come yet.
Fri 29/06/01 at 22:44
Below are the best 11 Spanish players, in my opinion.

GK - Santiago Canizares
DF - Sergi
DF - Albert Ferrer
DF - Abelardo
DF - Alfonso
MF - Hierro
MF - Ivan De La Pena
MF - Gaizka Mendieta
ST - Raul
ST - Fernando Morientes
ST - Luis Enrique

Santiago Canizares

Canizares is one of the better known members of the team and has kept goal well for both Spain and his club Valencia in recent years. At the age of 31, he still has a good few years left in him to add to his tally of 26 caps he has accomulated so far. This keeper seems to have goo handling and reflexes from what I have seen from him in the Champions League and Euro 2000. He has kept clean sheets on a few occassions for his country, but managed to let in 3 against Yugoslavia, mostly due to a disorganized defence. Lets hope the defence in front of him can protect him a bit better in the future!

Sergi

Sergi is a long serving player who has played for Barcelona for a large chunk of his career. He is still only 29, and has made himself a first team regular for both Barcelona and Spain, making the left back position his own. He has picked up 59 caps for himself along the way and scored one goal. This player is a good tackler and passer of the ball, and I rate him quite highly. This player has a good few years left in him and U feel that he can still be a valuable asset for both club and country.

Albert Ferrer

The only player in the Spanish squad to actually play outside of Spain, as Albert play for English club Chelsea. He has been in and out of the team quite a lot in recent years and this right back has been capped a total of 35 times, although he has never scored for his country. This is not where his strength lies, as when I have seen him play for Chelsea he seems to be a good talented, no nonsence defender. I don't know if he is a regular member of the Spanish team any more but I do know that he certainly makes for a useful member of the squad.

Abelardo

This player is a long serving player for Barcelona who is now 30 years old. He has been a regular in the Spanish line up for quite a few teams now, with a total of 54 caps to date. Because of his position of either playing centre back or right back, he has only managed to score 3 goals for his country. I think this player is a good one and I have seen him play for his country a few times in major competitions. I feel that he can play a big part in the next World Cup for Spain, as he is a no nonsense, tough tackling defender, which is why he has become a regular in the first team and squad. This player has a good few years left in him, and he could even travel to Germany with Spain for the 2006 World Cup. He will be 36 then, but if Matthaus can do it at the tender age of 39, then why can't Abelardo. A good servant to his club who has had a well deserved long international career. Long may it continue!

Alfonso

This player has recently moved to Barcelona from Real Betis. He is a highly valued centre forward whom at the age of 28 is in the prime of his career. Like Abelardo, this player has obtained quite a large number of caps, 42, although he has managed to score 11 goals, with a strike rate of about 1 in 4 games. This player is not really a striker that will set the world alight with skill, more one that will keep plugging away for the cause of his team. You probably won't see him in a Barcelona shirt too often due to the enormous amount of competition down there, but he is certainly a useful addition to the squad of both his club and country. Lets just hope he can score a few more goals on the big stage.

Hierro

Hierro is a hard hitting central midfielder who is a long term server of Real Madrid. He is similar in style to Roy Keane, and is also captain of his country. At the age of 32 he is getting on a little now but still has a good few years left in him, and his 78 caps that he has managed to get is a huge total. Extrodinary that he has managed to score a total of 24 goals for his country-a great amount for a defencive midfielder! This man is very well known and you will see him play for Real Madrid in the Champions League, possibly spearheading them towards another title! His loyalty is superb, with the majority of his career spent at Real. I just hope that he manages to keep going for a while longer!

Ivan De La Pena

Ah yes, Ivan. He has moved around a bit but now has eventually found his way back to his favourite club and the one that brought him up through their youth system, Barcelona. He is a vastly experienced midfielder and also makes for a great captain. He is only 24 but has been in the first team of every major club he has visited in the last few years, including Barcelona, where he even managed to take over the captaincy for a while. So far, he has 24 caps and 4 foals to his name, a splendid record for such a young player. This player is tough in the tackle and good with his distribution, and I feel he can be a key player for Spain for years to come. He still has another good 10 years left in him, so lets hope he makes the most of it and makes it to the very top! Good luck Ivan!

Gaizka Mendieta

Gaizka is a recent signing for Valencia and is now a regular in the centre back position for both club and country. This 26 year old has been capped 20 times, scoring in a quarter of these games, with his 5 goals being an impressive tally for a defender! He is said to be valued at a staggering 17 million pounds, and he is probably worth every penny of this money. I think he is a good player and he impressed me with his solid performances for his country in Euro 2000. Lets just hope that he continues to impress as he is an asset to the International game and is a pleasure to watch. We will no doubt see you in matches in the not too distant future!

Raul

And then we come to one of the most hyped up players in recent years-Raul. This speculation is not undue however, as he is only 23 and has already made 42 appearances, scoring 20 goals! By the time he is in his late twenties he will probably have made over 100 caps, scoring a load of goals in the process. Personally, I am a big fan of this man, as he is fast, quick, accurate and basically just terrifies the hell out of defenders. Who would not want this boy in their team? He is going to be a world-class player and a half when he is older, just wait and see!

Fernando Morientes

Another Real player that words can simply not describe. I'll have a go; his finishing is superb, his pace is immaculate and he is simply a world-class player that can provide the goods up front. I expect this player to be a great one for many years to come, and he has already made his mark on the International scene, with 9 goals in just 15 appearances. This player is going to be red hot in years to come, as he is only 24 and has not yet fore filled his full potential. When he does, the world is going to be forced to sit up and take notice. I would wish this man luck, but I have the slight suspicion that he doesn't need it!

Luis Enrique

A Barcelona player that is extremely adaptable, as he has been known to play in every position in the forward and midfield places. Occasionally, he has been known to play in defence, but I have not yet heard of him taking up the gloves in goal! He has made a total of 57 appearances for his country as well as scoring 12 goals. Luis has been at Barcelona for quite a long time and is a first team regular, being able to produce the goods week in, week out. He is regarded all over the globe as a top class player, and this is no different in the Spanish squad, as he plays almost every international he is fit for now. He is committed to his club and country both on and off the field and I think he is going to remain to be a talented player for a few years to come yet.
Sat 30/06/01 at 12:33
Regular
"Great Scott's"
1. Casillas (Real Mardid)
2. Sergi (Barcelona)
3. Salgado (Real Mardid)
4. Heirro (Real Mardid)
5. Helguera (Real Mardid)
6. Gerard (Barcelona)
7. Guardiola (Barcelona)
8. Luis Enrique (Barcelona)
9. Raul (Real Mardid)
10. Alfonso (Barcelona)
11. Mendieta (Valencia)

This would be my best Spain side!
Sat 30/06/01 at 12:44
Can't argue with that team! Thanks for the knowledge.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.