GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is there room for the psp"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/07/04 at 10:24
Regular
"Don't let me down"
On the near release of the psp do you think theres enough room for it to make a impact in the gameing industry, or do you think it sink with the sega saturn.
Thu 22/07/04 at 22:13
Regular
Macintosh wrote:
> Sony PSP is going to clean up. The fact that mini movies can be be
> bought on the UMD disc formt will help early on.

The Game Boy Advance can already play 'mini movies'.
Thu 22/07/04 at 16:26
Regular
"Party like its 2005"
I think there's room if they get it right.
I'll definately get one IF:

1 / it's as easy to play and store music as an ipod.

And more importantly...

2 / a UMD re-writer and blank media become available for my pc. I really don't want to buy too many of the rediculously expensive Sony Memory Sticks to save my songs on.

If I can take the DVDs / CDs I have at home and put them on re-writable UMD disks, then I'll be a happy man. Unfortunately, i've got a feeling Sony will not allow this to avoid games piracy.

In which case, I'll be getting a portable DVD player (<£100 at a retailer near me), and an ipod.

I'm really looking forward to wireless online play. But they'll have to get the above 2 things right for me to purchase.
Wed 21/07/04 at 19:03
Regular
"and PC user"
Sony PSP is going to clean up. The fact that mini movies can be be bought on the UMD disc formt will help early on. I think not only will PSP hold its own, it will take over from Nintendo, just as the PS1 out sold N64. And if that happens, Nintendo are going to be in trouble.
Thu 15/07/04 at 10:46
Regular
"Bicycle"
Well it fits in my pocket.

Or rather will.

But for 250 round shiny ones, I could buy some weed and go to Asai on a junk.
Thu 15/07/04 at 10:44
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Plenty of room for it seeing as only Nintendo have viable competition for it. It's about time Nintendo were made to drop their ludicrous high pricing of all things GBA related and a good bit of competition from Sony will hopefully do just that.
Thu 15/07/04 at 10:38
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
I'm certainly not going to buy one on release, but say it sells bad and Sony resort to an uber-price-drop, I may well consider. The sheer power it has on board is exciting in itself.
Thu 15/07/04 at 08:07
Regular
"\\"
If there is no room for the psp, it will push everything else out the way and dominate.
Thu 15/07/04 at 06:55
Regular
Sony will not let this device fail - they will pump as much money as needed into it to ensure it is a success.
Wed 14/07/04 at 15:49
Regular
"smile"
Sony have lots of money/resources to spend on marketing/branding (unlike Sega did with the Saturn) so I doubt the PSP will fail.
Wed 14/07/04 at 10:24
Regular
"Don't let me down"
On the near release of the psp do you think theres enough room for it to make a impact in the gameing industry, or do you think it sink with the sega saturn.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.