GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SLAGGING OFF DAVID GIBBON TOPIC"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/06/01 at 22:34
Regular
I hate David Gibbon's arrogance. I hate the way he thinks he knows everything about games and I hate the way the BBC can't be bothered to find a decent reviewer for their Ceefax service.

David Gibbon has an appropriate name. He is a gibbon. A complete idiot.

Has anyone read those shoddy reviews like that Gibbon bloke on BBC ceefax, who thinks 7/10 is the worst score to give to anything, or is it just me who has suffered the mindless rantings about how AMAZING Roadsters is on the Dreamcast?

David Gibbon gave Roadsters 9/10 for the Dreamcast. Obviously the gaming public were not fooled, but some were. They were left fuming at this absolute pile of pants, oh and the game was utter pap. Roadsters is the worst game on the Dreamcast BAR none. How much are they paying this loser?

When the PS2 was released I open mindedly read his "LOWDOWN ON THE PS2" as advertised on Ceefax. What a load of complete backwards pants. "The PlayStation 2 is of course internet ready with a broadband modem"

Yeah, ok then.

David Gibbon reviewed a cartoon style game on the Dreamcast - it was a game aimed at kids, I can't remember exactly what it was, but he slated the game off for the whole review and awarded it 7/10 because it was awful. Does he know the scale goes from 1 - 10? Evidently not.

I am not even going to read his GBA lowdown as it will probably claim the console has wings, a tail and doubles as a Television and radio - literally, he'd probably say something ridiculous.

It is clear to me that he either has no idea about gaming or doesn't actually get the games or consoles to review them. He thinks the original PlayStation games have the most incredible graphics around and gave ChuChu Rocket 10/10.

Maybe he just doesn't KNOW how to use scoring systems?

A pity the viewers that read his drivel, and I feel sorry for him as he has clearly never played a game in his life.

Tut Tut/

The world, however, does need reviewers like him, for he makes the rest of us look like high class pro's.

Your turn - s**g him off to your hearts content.

Dan2K1
Fri 29/06/01 at 22:34
I hate David Gibbon's arrogance. I hate the way he thinks he knows everything about games and I hate the way the BBC can't be bothered to find a decent reviewer for their Ceefax service.

David Gibbon has an appropriate name. He is a gibbon. A complete idiot.

Has anyone read those shoddy reviews like that Gibbon bloke on BBC ceefax, who thinks 7/10 is the worst score to give to anything, or is it just me who has suffered the mindless rantings about how AMAZING Roadsters is on the Dreamcast?

David Gibbon gave Roadsters 9/10 for the Dreamcast. Obviously the gaming public were not fooled, but some were. They were left fuming at this absolute pile of pants, oh and the game was utter pap. Roadsters is the worst game on the Dreamcast BAR none. How much are they paying this loser?

When the PS2 was released I open mindedly read his "LOWDOWN ON THE PS2" as advertised on Ceefax. What a load of complete backwards pants. "The PlayStation 2 is of course internet ready with a broadband modem"

Yeah, ok then.

David Gibbon reviewed a cartoon style game on the Dreamcast - it was a game aimed at kids, I can't remember exactly what it was, but he slated the game off for the whole review and awarded it 7/10 because it was awful. Does he know the scale goes from 1 - 10? Evidently not.

I am not even going to read his GBA lowdown as it will probably claim the console has wings, a tail and doubles as a Television and radio - literally, he'd probably say something ridiculous.

It is clear to me that he either has no idea about gaming or doesn't actually get the games or consoles to review them. He thinks the original PlayStation games have the most incredible graphics around and gave ChuChu Rocket 10/10.

Maybe he just doesn't KNOW how to use scoring systems?

A pity the viewers that read his drivel, and I feel sorry for him as he has clearly never played a game in his life.

Tut Tut/

The world, however, does need reviewers like him, for he makes the rest of us look like high class pro's.

Your turn - s**g him off to your hearts content.

Dan2K1
Fri 29/06/01 at 22:36
Also, he said the PS2 was released with 32 games at launch...

I very much doubt that.
Fri 29/06/01 at 22:42
Regular
Does ho get paid for being crap??? I rest my case!
Fri 29/06/01 at 22:43
I imagine so.

He must get paid - the makers of Roadsters must have given him a free game or something. Maybe a toothpic?
Fri 29/06/01 at 22:52
Regular
If you want a decent opinion on teletext then go to channel 4. P480. Digitiser. Always right.
Fri 29/06/01 at 23:07
Regular
"everyone says it"
He gets paid to write a good topic, it really annoys me when children that read it are mislead because some dork is reviewing a crap game and giving it no less than 7/10 with the 'great game' sticker on it. Never have I seen a game with less than this score and this annoys me to a level of strangling my own goldfish!

Kill the GIBBON!
Fri 29/06/01 at 23:53
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
I have a idea, lets all send e-mails to gamester or what ever it is called on ceefax.

One of them is bound to be displayed because they showed a e-mail which I sent to do with the death on the DC. But that was on didgi which is teletext.

Lets all send e-mails saying he is a complete fool who can't review games. I aggree with you, his scoring system is messed up.

And it isn't as if his reviews are even interesting, most of the regulars and notables could do much better reviews than him. at leats didgis reviews are somtimes funny and you can press revil to see some stupid face.

This would be even better, you could sent a e-mail to ask him to visit these forums and see all the wonderful comment we have been wrighting about him.

David Gibbon, you suck!
Fri 29/06/01 at 23:55
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Im tired, ignore the many many spelling and typing mistakes in the last message.
Sat 30/06/01 at 01:01
Ignored.

Yes. But then nearly everyone could construct a better review. I must admit that I have read some of Special Reserve's reviews that don't really agree with anything, but at least they usually refrain from reviewing the direst game.
Sat 30/06/01 at 01:01
Regular
He must write for Newspapers as well, don't worry Dan soon i'llbe entering the world of reviews and previews (Magazines) and you will soon see the standerds raise. (Dringo says smuggly knowing full well he faield to get his job at N64 magazine as he needs to do A-levels first)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.