GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Computer Help!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 15/07/04 at 00:51
Regular
"of Your Dreams!"
Hey, anybody know much aout fixing computers? My Drivers for my two CD-ROM drives broke or something, but they aren't working. My friend who works on computers said to delete the driver, shut down the computer, then un-plug the drives. Start it back up, then shut it down and plug them back in then start it up, and he said it would find them and re-install it. I tried this, but after I remove the drivers the computer freezes and when I start it up, the drivers are still there. Anybody know how to fix this? Or do I need a new computer?
Mon 19/07/04 at 13:44
Regular
Try reinstalling windows,(you will loose all your data, but thats life) or ring up your computer compony, eg. dell and they will guide you through the problem.
Mon 19/07/04 at 05:35
Regular
"Bicycle"
Try running windows update and searching for driver updates.
Thu 15/07/04 at 22:32
Regular
Exactly, why are you asking us just get round your "friend" and he'll probably sort it out.

providing he's real
Thu 15/07/04 at 17:33
"For the horde!!!!"
Get your friend to have a look at it
Thu 15/07/04 at 00:51
Regular
"of Your Dreams!"
Hey, anybody know much aout fixing computers? My Drivers for my two CD-ROM drives broke or something, but they aren't working. My friend who works on computers said to delete the driver, shut down the computer, then un-plug the drives. Start it back up, then shut it down and plug them back in then start it up, and he said it would find them and re-install it. I tried this, but after I remove the drivers the computer freezes and when I start it up, the drivers are still there. Anybody know how to fix this? Or do I need a new computer?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.