GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The horror of horrors !"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 29/06/01 at 19:38
Regular
As many people have noticed, these days horror movies have changed from very scary to just scary. Halloween is a great example, this is possibly the best horror movie I have ever seen but the sequals that have came out are not as scary as the first. I think this is the smae with scream, the first one made me scream but the other two weren't worth screaming.

The Exorcist is another great example, thjis movie was brought out years ago, and was only released a few years ago because it was to scary for the public. It was so scary that some people commited suicide after watching the movie.

As the years have past by, comedy has made its way to the top of movie releases. Scary Movie is one of the best comedies out because it takes the mick out of scary movies.

I think the best director to make a horror movie is Ridlet Scott, he has shown us his action skills but how are his horror. I think Ridley will be the best when on the job when it comes to making a horror movie.

I think that at around 2030 the only horror movies shown will be the ones that are the scariest and most popular, at the moment peolple seem to have no ideas about making horror movies, but who knows this might change.
Fri 29/06/01 at 19:38
As many people have noticed, these days horror movies have changed from very scary to just scary. Halloween is a great example, this is possibly the best horror movie I have ever seen but the sequals that have came out are not as scary as the first. I think this is the smae with scream, the first one made me scream but the other two weren't worth screaming.

The Exorcist is another great example, thjis movie was brought out years ago, and was only released a few years ago because it was to scary for the public. It was so scary that some people commited suicide after watching the movie.

As the years have past by, comedy has made its way to the top of movie releases. Scary Movie is one of the best comedies out because it takes the mick out of scary movies.

I think the best director to make a horror movie is Ridlet Scott, he has shown us his action skills but how are his horror. I think Ridley will be the best when on the job when it comes to making a horror movie.

I think that at around 2030 the only horror movies shown will be the ones that are the scariest and most popular, at the moment peolple seem to have no ideas about making horror movies, but who knows this might change.
Fri 29/06/01 at 22:25
Regular
The best horror movie of all time is Halloween. I think the story line is amazing and that the idea of a killer searching for his next of kin to kill is great. The first Halloween is the best as Speeders said. I know that this movie will never go old, even though its many sequals have not been as succesful as the first Im sure that the next will be great.

Yes thats wright, I was looking on the Halloween website, and it said that there is going to be a sequal to Halloween H20? This is confusing and Im not sure if it will really happen.
Fri 29/06/01 at 22:32
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
I agree with you, Halloween is easily my favourite horror film. John Carpenter certainly new what he was doing when he came up with that. A must watch in Widescren as well. There's so much going on just at the edge of the screen it gets missed in the standard format. After a while you find your mind playing tricks on you, thinking you have seen things that were not there.

Prince of Darkness is another classic from Carpenter, he just knows how to work your mind over.
Fri 29/06/01 at 22:41
Regular
I think that what made Halloween great was the scary tune for it. everbody who watches the movie cant get the tune out of their heads.
Fri 29/06/01 at 22:47
Regular
"Bored, Bored, Bored"
Carpenter is a great one for that though, by doing the music for his own films he obviously knows what he wants you to hear at certain points, rather than relying on someone else to score the film.

Like the Halloween tune they are always simple, but very effective none the less, creating a great atmosphere. I'm only sad that I've never seen these classics at the cinema, I'd pay well over the odds to see these greats on the big screen.
Sat 30/06/01 at 10:14
Final destination was the most recent scariest film and thats quite old!
Sat 30/06/01 at 11:25
Regular
Mewtwo wrote:
> Final destination was the most recent scariest film and thats quite
> old!

i dont think i got that right FINAL DESTINATION SCARY?

im 14 i saw it and i only jumped once through the whole film when that body was on the morgue and its hand moved
Sat 30/06/01 at 16:28
Kid Rock wrote:
> Mewtwo wrote:
> Final destination was the most recent scariest
> film and thats quite
> old!

i dont think i got that right
> FINAL DESTINATION SCARY?

im 14 i saw it and i only jumped once
> through the whole film when that body was on the morgue and its hand
> moved

Obviously you like blood and Gut's and Scary Scenes (hey this Ryhmes) but I am more mature and have grown out of that phase a long time ago. I watched the Exorisst and fell alssep, it was simply boring. Scream 1,2 and 3 good teen flick but scary, nah. Once you grow up you may see what I mean.
Sat 30/06/01 at 17:46
Regular
"Back For Good"
(my opinon)

GOOD horror films

Exorcist
Texas cainsaw massacre
Nightmare on elm street
Halloween
Dr Giggles
(all of Hitchcock)
Sixth Sense
final destination
What Lies Beneath
Interview with the vampire
dracula
night of the lving dead
Friday 13th
seven
Scream
Carrie
Village of the dammed
Poltegeist
Children of the corn
The thing
The Car
Devils' advocate
blair witch project
Hellraiser 1+2
House
Misery
Child's play
Wishmaster
Body snatchers
Invasion of the body snatchers
aracnophobia (can't spell it)
the craft
Aliens 1+2 (more on the horror sci fi side but it's great)
Beetlejuice

BADDDDDDDDD horror films
Stigmata
I know what you did last summer
I still know what you did last summer
Nightmare on elm street 2+3
Scream 2+3
Wolf
wes craven's new nightmare
Driller Killer
Candyman 1+2
Jack frost (no not the love story)
unbreakable (this is awful)

(( my opinion ))
Sun 01/07/01 at 01:31
Yo Dude how can you miss out Day and Dawn of the dead, they rule and what about Zombie Flesheaters (Uncut version of course!)!

Oh and don't forget Evil Dead and Bad Taste.
But otherwise you're spot on man. At last someone with good taste!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.