GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Trade in old PC games..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 16/07/04 at 16:46
Regular
"None Stored"
... possible?

I've got 3 games that are pretty much obsolete and want to know are there are any stores, etc that will take 'em off my hands?
Sat 17/07/04 at 21:24
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Damarus wrote:
> Gamestation no longer accept online PC games that use CD keys.

Think you'll find it is only select online games they no longer accept - eall are MMORPG's except Joint Operations - I know because the Notts one has the list up at the counter.
Sat 17/07/04 at 11:42
Regular
"smile, it's free"
It's a fair enough approach really. Unless there's some way to annul a CD-key in the sale process and generate a new one, there's no other way they can safely do it.
Sat 17/07/04 at 11:26
Regular
Yep, pretty much. It's not gamestations fault though is it.
Fri 16/07/04 at 22:29
Regular
Damarus wrote:
> Gamestation no longer accept online PC games that use CD keys.

Great so everyone who has a game with a CD key has used their CD-RW or DVD-RW to make a copy of the game and still be able to play with a legit Cd key so they can go and return/sell/trade it in to get back/earn/save/ money according to them?
Fri 16/07/04 at 22:25
Regular
"None Stored"
Thanks for the info, I might be able to get a few quid for UT2003, Generals: Zero Hour and MoHAA: Spearhead...
Fri 16/07/04 at 19:29
Regular
Gamestation no longer accept online PC games that use CD keys.
Fri 16/07/04 at 19:06
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Gamestation and Special Reserve will both accept most PC games providing they are boxed/complete and not scratched to pieces...but be warned that most PC games over a year old are worth stuff all to them - evne System Shock 2 only goes for 8.99 at Gamestation, yet can fetch three times that on eBay...

Plus, and I have to say this, SR's trade in prices are bad compared to gamestation, in my experience - e.g £8 for Battlefield Vietnam. by comparison Gamestation gave me £16.
Fri 16/07/04 at 16:46
Regular
"None Stored"
... possible?

I've got 3 games that are pretty much obsolete and want to know are there are any stores, etc that will take 'em off my hands?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.