GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Todays Youth."

The "Creative Writing" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 27/12/06 at 23:30
Regular
Todays youth

Whilst walking through town I constantly check over my shoulders to see who and what surrounds me. Whilst carrying possibly hundreds of pounds worth of stuff in feeble carrier bags I constantly ponder over the thought of "What if these guys attack me?". The now well known brands such as Adidas, Reebok, Nike all portray scary images to the public. Stereotipical of me really, but I feel many people would agree with me. Hanging around in bunches of 5-10 sometimes reffered to as gangs, these threatening characters seem to strut the streets like they own them. Sometimes caught vandalising others property, spitting on the paths we walk on and drinking/smoking under age all somehow produce very menacing figures.

To be honest I am sometimes scared of what may lie ahead of my journey to the bus which will take me home. I read the newspapers nearly every day and hear common subtitles such as "Old age pensioner stabbed to death by small gang". What if this happened to me or something similar, such as being mugged or abused in any way. I take a step back and look at myself. I see a healthy young man. I suddenly remember that I have a chance of defending myself or getting away if an incident like this ever did happen to me, but what about the elders of our community. How must they be feeling? Most of them old and frail barely strong enough to even walk withought the aid of a modern machine, but yet we still see them out and about enjoying the life they have left. I can now see how brave these people are. How brave they are to even get out of their homes with the constant reminder of whats infront of them.

I feel many of our respected elders are now feeling very, very afraid of just leaving their own humble homes. However, I dont believe we can judge people by what they wear as some of the people who dress with these sporty clothes, most commonly named as 'chavs' dont have a choice. Some are forced as their parents have little salary to pay for a decent living, let alone clothes. The surroundings of which people live in are a huge mould for how people develop. Rough places tend to have rough people within them where as more civilised places have more civilised people within them.

I just thought I would bring up this toppic to hear peoples responces and see how all of you feel. Thanks for reading.
Wed 27/12/06 at 23:43
Regular
"I may return"
My gang don't attack old people... Most civilised aren't scared of a group of girls either, but when you're not looking... BANG ya dead!
Wed 27/12/06 at 23:30
Regular
Todays youth

Whilst walking through town I constantly check over my shoulders to see who and what surrounds me. Whilst carrying possibly hundreds of pounds worth of stuff in feeble carrier bags I constantly ponder over the thought of "What if these guys attack me?". The now well known brands such as Adidas, Reebok, Nike all portray scary images to the public. Stereotipical of me really, but I feel many people would agree with me. Hanging around in bunches of 5-10 sometimes reffered to as gangs, these threatening characters seem to strut the streets like they own them. Sometimes caught vandalising others property, spitting on the paths we walk on and drinking/smoking under age all somehow produce very menacing figures.

To be honest I am sometimes scared of what may lie ahead of my journey to the bus which will take me home. I read the newspapers nearly every day and hear common subtitles such as "Old age pensioner stabbed to death by small gang". What if this happened to me or something similar, such as being mugged or abused in any way. I take a step back and look at myself. I see a healthy young man. I suddenly remember that I have a chance of defending myself or getting away if an incident like this ever did happen to me, but what about the elders of our community. How must they be feeling? Most of them old and frail barely strong enough to even walk withought the aid of a modern machine, but yet we still see them out and about enjoying the life they have left. I can now see how brave these people are. How brave they are to even get out of their homes with the constant reminder of whats infront of them.

I feel many of our respected elders are now feeling very, very afraid of just leaving their own humble homes. However, I dont believe we can judge people by what they wear as some of the people who dress with these sporty clothes, most commonly named as 'chavs' dont have a choice. Some are forced as their parents have little salary to pay for a decent living, let alone clothes. The surroundings of which people live in are a huge mould for how people develop. Rough places tend to have rough people within them where as more civilised places have more civilised people within them.

I just thought I would bring up this toppic to hear peoples responces and see how all of you feel. Thanks for reading.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.