GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"bought on a whim"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Blood Wake'.
Mon 19/07/04 at 13:52
Regular
the other day I was looking through the preowned section in Game. I found blood wake for 8 pounds. I bought it because of the 4 player modes and was very surprised. In official xbox magazine the game scored a miserable 4.5 or so. So I was expecting it to suck, but it doesn't! Its very good, it has 27 levels, different boats and nice graphics. Now i'm not going to listen to reviews as much and just buy what I think looks decent. Anyone else bought a badly reviewed game and found it to be a diamond in the rough?
Mon 19/07/04 at 13:52
Regular
the other day I was looking through the preowned section in Game. I found blood wake for 8 pounds. I bought it because of the 4 player modes and was very surprised. In official xbox magazine the game scored a miserable 4.5 or so. So I was expecting it to suck, but it doesn't! Its very good, it has 27 levels, different boats and nice graphics. Now i'm not going to listen to reviews as much and just buy what I think looks decent. Anyone else bought a badly reviewed game and found it to be a diamond in the rough?
Mon 19/07/04 at 15:03
Regular
"8==="
I have it. It's like a boating version of Vigilante 8. Good fun if you know what to expect.
Mon 19/07/04 at 15:07
Regular
"8==="
I'd still be slightly cautious if I were you.

Buy from shops where you can return the games if you don't like them.

some reviews are terrible. IGN's review of Hexen 64 was shocking after I found out all the great multiplayer stuff you could do it in it. Their review made no mention of the 4 player co-op, the deathmatches on the full well-designed levels where you could have all the monsters from the single player in beating you up too! Not including all the special powers and pickups.

No they just went 'launch title with sub-standard graphics' must be really poor. Doubt they even bothered to play it.

Utter utter prats.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.