GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone want GTA: san andreas on cube?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas'.
Mon 19/07/04 at 18:17
Regular
"boom boom click"
anyone slightly jealouse about the GTA games not coming to the cube when even Xbox got vice city?
Fri 23/07/04 at 15:47
Regular
My mum is very slack about games... but she'd never let my younger brother play GTA.

Pikmin has sold 2.4 million copies.... making it one of Gamecube's biggest selling games next to Zelda, Mario, Mario Kart, Smash Brothers and Metroid Prime.
Fri 23/07/04 at 11:58
Regular
When working at Game before, I refused to sell games rated 16 by Pegi if they couldn't prove they were over 16.

Kids aren't buying GTA - the parents are and they should be punished for doing so.

As much as the games are fun (to a degree), they are making out that being a thug, woman beater, etc, is cool and kids want to copy it.

That is why the game has the 18 rating and why parents should act more responsible. But they don't.

Why?

Because they are weak.
Thu 22/07/04 at 20:57
Regular
"boom boom click"
i wasnt saying i was hard i was saying that kids do buy adult games! you have a lot to learn boy!!! i wasnt being hard, but i think many kids do want violent games nowdays!
Wed 21/07/04 at 17:07
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
zelda freak wrote:
> And manhunt i played when i was 13!

OMG you hard man!
Wed 21/07/04 at 16:59
Regular
Exactly, the PS2 is the cool thing to have, and bumming GTA is the cool thing to do. And this does extend to little 10 year old kids.

I'm willing to bet more kids ask for GTA than any game 'aimed' at children, unless there's a new Harry Potter or something.
Wed 21/07/04 at 16:57
Regular
"boom boom click"
And manhunt i played when i was 13!
Wed 21/07/04 at 16:57
Regular
"boom boom click"
How about manhunt though its not on cube. any thoughts? and oh yeah i first played a gta game when i was 7!
Wed 21/07/04 at 16:52
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
And the other obvious fact is that I'd say a hell of a lot more children own PS2s than Gamecubes, despite GTA 'damaging' its potential fanbase with them.
Wed 21/07/04 at 16:49
Regular
It's not like much of the population will even be aware Pikmin exists either.

What will happen is the TV will be spammed with adverts for GTA, at which point most kids will start telling their parents that's what they want for christmas.

Maybe no 8 year olds, but certainly by 10 - that's the age where 70% of kids turn into bratty wan*ers*

*not implying GTA is only for wan*ers
Wed 21/07/04 at 16:39
Regular
My brother (9) and all of his mates would never dream of playing a game like that! Half of them are Nintendo fans, some of them don't own a console and the rest play on their Dad's PS2 and they like Jax and bloody Daxter.

Don't be stupid, 15,16,17 yes all underaged teens who play GTA...

But not eight year olds...

Oh no.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.