GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Unreal2 :The Awakening- How dissapointing..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Unreal 2'.
Tue 20/07/04 at 11:11
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Having just completed that game, I have t say it was dissapointment.

Not only is the story dis-jointed/not that good, the loading times are thoroughly annoying, it felt too short, and is buggy.

What a let down.
Sat 31/07/04 at 12:54
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I thought those defence bits where you could set up gun turrets and command soldiers where crap. The turrets had little effect against the many enemies who attacked and the soldiers had a tendancy to die after only a couple of shots. Many a time was spent quicksaving and reloading on those parts.
Sat 31/07/04 at 11:56
Regular
It wasn't 'solid' enough, if you get me. The action was too slow and it felt as though the enemies were just wet sponges that emitted a little bit of 'juice' when you shot 'em. That's always the thing that bothers me - there's no sharpness to the sounds or graphics in that department. The Incendiary grenade, however, ruled.

I'm sure you all know what I meant by the whole 'soft' absorban thing,.
Tue 20/07/04 at 13:04
Regular
"A man with a stick"
You'd have found it more dissapointing if, like me you believed the hype before it's release. I was really expecting something quite special, and while the graphics are great, the game is just an average shoot em up. Fun, but forgettable.

I hope Unreal 3 doesn't sufffer in the same way, especially with that new engine.
Tue 20/07/04 at 12:09
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Yeah, I know it's been out for like 2 years, but as you say I only just got it working, after having borrowed it from a mate who disliked it also.
I had thought it perhaps deserved a swecond chance... :(
Tue 20/07/04 at 11:49
"Genius!"
Only just completed it, it's been out for years!
Or maybe did you just buy it because of it being so cheap now?
Tue 20/07/04 at 11:11
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
Having just completed that game, I have t say it was dissapointment.

Not only is the story dis-jointed/not that good, the loading times are thoroughly annoying, it felt too short, and is buggy.

What a let down.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.