GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I'm tempting to get a PS2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/07/04 at 09:59
Regular
": ("
I'm getting £160 on Monday, I want to spend about £130 and save the rest. The only thing tha puts me off of the PS2 is the "Disc Read Error" thing, so I would rather get a Brand New One so that i've got a Warranty but i've been browsing around for about 1 hour now and most sites are selling PS2s for £130 with no games!

I've seen a PS2 on Ebay for £139.99 with Prince Of Persia and Singstar, the PS2 is factory sealed so I assume it has warranty with it. I will most probably get one on Monday so that i've got it for the Holidays.

Now the Online situation...

I've got my Xbox online and want to know whether I can still have my PS2 online too, will I have to change something?

So what good games are there out?
Thu 22/07/04 at 09:59
Regular
I'm getting £160 on Monday, I want to spend about £130 and save the rest. The only thing tha puts me off of the PS2 is the "Disc Read Error" thing, so I would rather get a Brand New One so that i've got a Warranty but i've been browsing around for about 1 hour now and most sites are selling PS2s for £130 with no games!

I've seen a PS2 on Ebay for £139.99 with Prince Of Persia and Singstar, the PS2 is factory sealed so I assume it has warranty with it. I will most probably get one on Monday so that i've got it for the Holidays.

Now the Online situation...

I've got my Xbox online and want to know whether I can still have my PS2 online too, will I have to change something?

So what good games are there out?
Thu 22/07/04 at 10:05
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Cwazy Wabbit wrote:
> I've got my Xbox online and want to know whether I can still have my
> PS2 online too, will I have to change something?

You will need a network adapter.

> So what good games are there out?

If you have to ask that, why are you getting a PS2?
Thu 22/07/04 at 10:09
Regular
"Taking Back Sunday"
The Dynasty Warriors and FFs are good and obviously MGS2 and Devil May Cry
Thu 22/07/04 at 10:27
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Well your not tempting me.
Thu 22/07/04 at 10:29
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
MGS2 is tripe and Ninja Gaiden excels Devil May Cry. Stick with your Xbox and get Steel Battalion if you want something for about £80.
Thu 22/07/04 at 10:32
Regular
Heh, i'm still thinking about it.
Thu 22/07/04 at 18:17
Regular
"~DPG~"
The 'new' PS2 consoles don't have the 'dirty disk' error. I personally wouldn't go to ebay. I find special reserves offer pretty good.
Thu 22/07/04 at 19:32
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Dakarus Joe wrote:
> Steel Battalion if you want something for about
> £80.

Yeah, change that to "something for about £130" and you'll be closer.

At one point both MVC and Woolworths were doing a PS2, Singstar and Pandora Tomorrow (Woolworths), Athens 2004 (MVC) for £139.99. If you check out a cerain GAMEing online store you'll find some 149.99 bundles which arent bad depending on what you want.

Personally I would not buy a console off of eBay whether it was new or not, but having said that I've sold a many consoles new and old myself on eBay and none of my buyers ever had a problem.

If you have Xbox Live then forget about PS2 online, sorry PS2 only people, but it stinks on PS2, it's clucnky, awkward, and overall crap compared to Live.

Fave PS2 stuff would be the Final Fantasy's Time Crisis 2+3 (with gun), Onimusha series, Syphon Filter games, Eyetoy, Singstar, Transformers, Castlevania, Ghost Recon Jungle Storm, Disgaea, Street Fighter 2 Hyper, SOCOM 1+2 (if you must go online), Sky Odyssey, Ace Combat, MGS2.

Really, choosing to get another console is more than about just the money you have now, it's whether you think you can afford to buy new games for both, or if you can't accept that you'll miss some stuff you really don't want to miss. Xbox has a pile of stuff coming, along with a large back catalogue of still decent games so you may be better going hunting for them instead, if you can't find a real reason to get a PS2 then it may not be a good idea to get one.

For me...the Final Fantasy series did it, I had to play X-2 and regardless of reviews/other people, I thought it was brilliant and well worth it, I've found plenty other games to get as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.