GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Juiced - Go See. (You could call this a review. . .)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Juiced'.
Fri 23/07/04 at 11:54
Regular
Juiced looks to be a pretty nifty game.

Judging from the demo it COULD be the nearest thing PC will get to the kind of gameplay style Gran Turismo offers (unless I'm being completely ignorant and there's a closer game already out). I'm not sure what I mean by GT Gameplay, but you'll see if you try the demo.

It's very NFSU - ish, but better. The shaders on this game are incredible. Some replay camera views will be on the side of the car looking forward (giving a nice look on the wing of the car) and you can SEE the sheer effort put into the looks of the car. They're also shiny. Very shiny. That is until you bash it up a bit and the paint becomes scratched and the body starts to look more like a LADA than a Supra (or whatever you're driving.

the Track available in the demo is a bit . . . Bland, I must admit, but I have faith that there's going to be some interesting courses given. I guess the limited selection is made up for by the choice of time you can race. By that I mean you can race the morning, afternoon, evening and night away.

The biggest tease of all is the fact that no modding is available. Of all the things they leave out of the demo, they choose modding. I'm eager to see what kind of things are in store in the modding area, because they're bound to look nice - if the available cars are anything to go by.

As for the soundtrack, there's one song in the demo. And, unlike the usual stereotypical view about street racing, it ISN'T Hip-Hop or Rap. Hooray! It's actually Rock. Well, that's the only thing I can bother to call it, but it fits the feeling of cruising (rather fast) in a sunny atmosphere with the rays shining on the roof of your car, giving it an irresistibly cool illuminated glazey effect.

Based on the demo, the likeliness that I'm going to get it is:

Bog Off)) <------------------0-----> ((Hell yes

Get the demo, see for yourself.

(I'm rather pleased with my likely-o-meter graphic thingy.)
Fri 23/07/04 at 13:41
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I played the first demo and wasn't really impressed. I blame it on the track that was on offer, which was dull to the extreme. I think a second demo is out, I'll give it a whirl and see if that improves things.
Fri 23/07/04 at 11:54
Regular
Juiced looks to be a pretty nifty game.

Judging from the demo it COULD be the nearest thing PC will get to the kind of gameplay style Gran Turismo offers (unless I'm being completely ignorant and there's a closer game already out). I'm not sure what I mean by GT Gameplay, but you'll see if you try the demo.

It's very NFSU - ish, but better. The shaders on this game are incredible. Some replay camera views will be on the side of the car looking forward (giving a nice look on the wing of the car) and you can SEE the sheer effort put into the looks of the car. They're also shiny. Very shiny. That is until you bash it up a bit and the paint becomes scratched and the body starts to look more like a LADA than a Supra (or whatever you're driving.

the Track available in the demo is a bit . . . Bland, I must admit, but I have faith that there's going to be some interesting courses given. I guess the limited selection is made up for by the choice of time you can race. By that I mean you can race the morning, afternoon, evening and night away.

The biggest tease of all is the fact that no modding is available. Of all the things they leave out of the demo, they choose modding. I'm eager to see what kind of things are in store in the modding area, because they're bound to look nice - if the available cars are anything to go by.

As for the soundtrack, there's one song in the demo. And, unlike the usual stereotypical view about street racing, it ISN'T Hip-Hop or Rap. Hooray! It's actually Rock. Well, that's the only thing I can bother to call it, but it fits the feeling of cruising (rather fast) in a sunny atmosphere with the rays shining on the roof of your car, giving it an irresistibly cool illuminated glazey effect.

Based on the demo, the likeliness that I'm going to get it is:

Bog Off)) <------------------0-----> ((Hell yes

Get the demo, see for yourself.

(I'm rather pleased with my likely-o-meter graphic thingy.)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.