GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Something is wrong with my ps2"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 23/07/04 at 23:01
Regular
Actually there are 2 things wrong with my ps2, and it's really annoying so please someone help me:
1- Whenever I put a DVD movie the ps2 produces a roaring sound, and the DVD does not play.
2- There is noise that acompanies the sound that comes out of the speakers when I use s-video cable.
Tue 27/07/04 at 17:52
Regular
"hulagadoo"
ok this isnt a fault but any way, a burglar broke into my house, took the ps2 but s/he dropped it down the stairs and scarpered when they realised thye woke me up. I later discovered that my ps2 was now in around 2000 peices, thank god for insurance.
Mon 26/07/04 at 20:57
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
The same thing happened with my PS2 only with CDs. I managed to repair it myself by opening it up. There are two tiny screws inside the PS2 that control the voltage to the DVDs and CDs respectively. If you increase the voltage by turing the screw clockwise a small amount, the problem is solved.
Mon 26/07/04 at 16:17
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
We should start a competition for most spectacular fault.

Mine? Best one was, 10 minutes into playing Jurassic Park 3 DVD, the console emitted a high pitched whine. I went to switch off the console just as white smoke began coming out of the air vents...
Mon 26/07/04 at 16:02
Regular
"Bicycle"
gr13ve wrote:
> Anonymous wrote:
> Ive had my PS2 since it came out, and ive never had any problems
> with
> it...i must be the only person
>
> There was a incident with the disc tray tho...
>
> lucky you! mines broke the week after the warranty ran out.

Seeeeeeeeeeeee?
Mon 26/07/04 at 13:26
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Anonymous wrote:
> Ive had my PS2 since it came out, and ive never had any problems with
> it...i must be the only person
>
> There was a incident with the disc tray tho...

lucky you! mines broke the week after the warranty ran out.
Mon 26/07/04 at 13:18
Regular
I have had around 5 PS2's.
In one week i had to get 3 replacements, and fork out £60. But i wrote to sony to get a refund and they gave the money back, i shouldnt worry about sending your PS2 back, a replacement comes the next day.
Sat 24/07/04 at 16:08
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I've had my PS2 since 2001 and I've never had any problems with it, but I do take care of the thing and it has plenty of space around it for ventilation. I'm not so sure about this thing with them breaking after warranty.
Sat 24/07/04 at 13:51
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
i think you've got gremlins inside you PS2, they only accept food, DVD's arn't compatable, i had that problem, stuffed a Apple in the tray, works fine. :D
Sat 24/07/04 at 13:07
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Had mine since launch and had no problems until a month or so back.

Anyway is it a large clicking noise? If so that's what buggered up my PS2 after a while and i couldn't get it fixed. Ended up having to buy a new one. I think my *Bloody Robert De Niro* topic talks about it
Sat 24/07/04 at 02:05
Regular
"Bicycle"
Mine second will be a year in September.

Run a lot better than the first, which I, admitedly, treated badly, carrying everying in my bag :D...

But the secret is, I found, rotating the PS2 each month. So alternating between vertical and horizontal allieviates the pressure on the lens, which increases lifespan.

That and hoovering it, on occasion. (Goes and gets a hoover.)

Later.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.