GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
""SANTA CLAUSE IS COMIN', TO TOWN!""

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/06/01 at 18:01
Regular
"You better not run, you better not hide,
I don't know the words, but I'm telling why,
Santa Clause is comin' to town!
Santa Clause is coming to town!"

Santa Clause? Why 'Santa Clause', maybe he's a clause in his contract = can't give presents to Santa, which is him. Yes that's correct.

Anyhoo - sing the song - it's a very happy song.

>Audience look at eachother "He's lost it again"<

Santa claws? Father Christmas is a better name than St. Nick, or Superted, but Santa Clause is the best name.

Now, stripped down to the waste, I sit here and think to myself (not THAT dangerous) why is it so damn hot! Nope, I think to myself I need a drink, but amongst my thoughts was something semi interesting, for a change.

I was thinking how great is Christmas time! For me it's the best time of the year "Sharing, giving, receiving etc blah, blah, helping the poor" and all that, but it's a great time for gaming - it's usually a time where we race away from the dining room table after the elongated Christmas Dinner, irrespective of age, and go try out that new game!

For me at Christmas 1997 I got NiGHTS for the Sega Saturn - OMG! Wow what a fantastic game it was too, and I associate many happy memories of that time, the following year when Christmas NiGHTS was released (for free in stores) my mind was a triggered and again I could partake in something, dare I say, 'magical'. Ok, so we all have our favourite games, some of us choose to sing about how we're losing our favourite game (then stick it on a highly successful PlayStation racing game), but others, like me, choose to play it! Oh yes. So, I am going to have to buy Nights again aren't I...

Drifting back to the sane side of relevance, I was thinking what this year's Christmas will be like, how memories will be conceived and how Eidos shares will hopefully escalade the right way. Ahem. Now - Toy Commander, special Christmas edition was fantastic, just a demo, but it was Christmassy, fun and when you completed it you got a free Virtual Dreamcast hidden under the Christmas Tree - classic.

But, and this is a big, parasitic, irritated, ugly, giant but. So pay attention!

I want a game, a game, where I am Santa Clause. Yes me! Well, if you own the game you can be Santa Clause too!

I want to be a virtual Santa Clause, not because I want to become a shopping centre gimmick, but because I want to become the fake that doesn't mind being a fake - who cares if Santa Clause doesn't exist, it's what he represents that counts. We need a game. I have a gaming idea, and I want it to become reality.

It doesn't matter what the title's name is, but it must be called "!SANTA'S PARTY!" because that's eye catching and exciting. Now listen, in Santa's Party you have to live the life of Jolly old Saint Nicholas - throughout the year.

You see, he has to make as much money as he can throughout the non Christmas months (i.e. January to September ;) in order to buy all the presents for the children. Ok, so in the end he does have to give presents out, but you can choose the presents - pet Slugs and Tree Bark could be used if you don't make enough cash to afford the student eating Rhino you send to the Universities, but the premise in the main "Story Mode" is to earn as much money - in Santa's virtual world - as you can in order to achieve this:

Possible jobs: everything. You are Santa, and you have to go to the interviews - you could be a Taxi Driver, a barman, a bra-production factory worker - you could even be a challet rep in Switzerland. Thanks to modern technology and advances in voice recognition in Christmas related gaming every other character in the game can be talked to - the game is packaged with a State of the Art microphone, and they will understand everything you say, different language versions will be available:

USA (many versions obviously)
Japanese (a BUGGED version so they can't play it)
UK:
Scouser
Cockney
Tyneside
Manchesta!
Up Norf
Dan Souf
Cornish
Kenny Dalglish

But minor details can be sorted nearer the time. However, you join the game after recently divorcing Mrs Clause whom is now running for office in the USA as she needs to lose some weight. Hence, you are Santa, but you enter as Santa the drunk, after a not so successful Christmas where Wales and New Zealand were totally forgotten about as Santa assumed the sea had just iced over (if you don't get that, don't worry).

Now.

You have missions. They start off simple, but you answer to a family of Malicious Christmas Elves who have seized Rudolph and co. The Elves will only release the Reindeer when Santa quits his drinking AND now smoking habits, makes some cash and is ready for Christmas. If he doesn't complete the missions, he fails - you fail and the game starts over. Save points will be included.

Naturally the graphics will be revolutionarily mind blowing, with snow effects that leave SSX in the slush. Trees, environments, everything - it will be astounding.

Also, as you progress through the game, new options and modes become available:

Olympic Ski/snowboard/ice-skating mode! The game adopts elements (haha, elements) from the very best in winter olympics - taking events from the Impressive Winter Heat (Sega Saturn 1997) and other such games. Santa will have to get in shape in order to succeed, earn money and return to the main game. This mode will then become a fully selectable mode when you start up the game.

There will be no loading times.

This new SantaOlympics game will be home to a four player option, and will spawn 3 sequels over 4 years. Mario, Sonic, Pandachan from Fighters Megamix and the entire Friends cast will be included as selectable characters in the game.

As Santa becomes more involved in whichever occupation you choose (if Santa gets mugged in the high street the fighting engine will be aroused and he will have to fight them for his Pizza Hut Vouchers back), more and more new modes will become available. The following will definitely be included:

Sledge Racing. As it sounds, with special edition Christmas Moon and Christmas Beach levels finding their way onto the one incredible high density disc.

Bad Santa mode. If Santa manages to send helpless pedestrians to hospital the Bad Santa mode will start up: Bad Santa story mode - the idea is to turn the happily successful Santa back into bad Santa. Ah yes.

Supermarket Sweep: As Santa progresses to the latter stages of the main story mode, he will have to buy some presents. Santa appears on Christmas Dale Winton's Supermarket Snowsweep, where you're pitted up against Bill Gates and Mick Jagger, both eager to win in order to deliver halmful presents to the children. General knowledge will come in handy. A 'bribe Dale' feature will be included. You may or may not wish to use this option.

Unknown mode. As ever Santa's Party will be full of surprises, and many unknown modes will appear randomly through the game.

"SANTA'S PARTY!"

Out soon...

Dan2K1
Wed 27/06/01 at 20:23
Madness?

I like this game idea honestly - yeah ok, so it's my own idea, but I want to play this game!
Wed 27/06/01 at 09:22
Then release it at Christmas and watch sales soar?
Wed 27/06/01 at 09:06
Regular
"not dead"
I'm going to be incredibly pedantic and say that there's a forum for game ideas....

I doubt this would ever be made as it only really has seasonal appeal, though you work as Santa the rest of the year, would anyone want to do this at any time other than Xmas?
Tue 26/06/01 at 21:51
I have no knowledge of hyperactivity - but hey I'm knakkered after just 25press ups in a row. Ouch I must be eiether really heavy or have small biceps.
Tue 26/06/01 at 21:45
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
You're either hyper or in a VERY good mood...
Tue 26/06/01 at 21:41
Awww - you won't need a photo then! Good. Because the last four cameras did actually break.

Cheers.
Tue 26/06/01 at 21:41
Awww - you won't need a photo then! Good. Because the last four cameras did actually break.

Cheers.
Tue 26/06/01 at 21:35
Regular
"[SE] Acetrooper"
I've always had a strong image of Dan in my mind, one that pictures him sat on the pinnacle of a very tall mountain, cross-legged and 'humming' to himself wisely whilst answering everyone's most questionable answers...

That image has totally been erased from my memory. Now the image of Dan in my head is of him dancing ecstatically around a room full of psychiatrists chanting "Santa Clause"!

Hmmmmm, err...good p-post Dan, hehe...
Tue 26/06/01 at 21:25
Cheers Ant - first reply that makes me think you actually read the topic ;)
Tue 26/06/01 at 21:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
LOL at Bribe Dale feature!

LOL!!

Nice one Dan. {:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.