GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Memory card issue :S"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Wario Ware'.
Mon 26/07/04 at 11:25
Regular
After playing Wario Ware, JAP version, I proceeded to save it, totally not thinking of the regional formatting of memory cards.

So it saved - on my 251 - with all my PAL saves...

I thought this was not possible?? I remember you needed two different memory cards if you had US and JAP games, so I assumed it was the same for all regions?

How come it's sucessfully saved on my UK format card, and still works - as do my UK saves?

Was I lucky this time or do JAP saves work on UK mem cards and vice versa?
Mon 26/07/04 at 13:56
Regular
Don't know, but in the GC dashboard, the little description that usually comes up when you highlight a save - is all scrambled and gibberish...

Meh, it works but I'm going to back up my vital saves to another card just in case :D
Mon 26/07/04 at 13:23
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I was always lead to believe as the Japanese text is different from US/PAL, the two types couldn't mix.. Maybe Wario Ware is an odd exception to the rule?
Mon 26/07/04 at 12:31
Regular
I have PAL and American saves on a Jap memory card and Wario Ware saved on a European one without any problems.

*shrugs*
Mon 26/07/04 at 12:04
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I would try rephrasing that but I can't be bothered.

:)
Mon 26/07/04 at 12:03
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Hmm... very odd. Normally if you try saving JAP games onto a US or PAL card then it asks to be formatted. This isn't the same for US and PAL cards- a US game can be saved on a PAL card and vice-versa. The only thing I can think of is that Wario Ware has no text involved, so the region it saves on wouldn't matter.

Apart from that, I don't know.
Mon 26/07/04 at 11:31
Regular
Really? Oh well, it's just that I seem to remember having to buy two cards as my US Luigi's Mansion would not save on the same card as my JAP Sonic Adventure 2...

If that's been sorted then result!
Mon 26/07/04 at 11:30
Regular
Yey! Spasticated double posting!
Mon 26/07/04 at 11:30
Regular
"Underbean"
i have an unoficial 8mb mem card but when i save spiderman 2 on it and go to replay it, the data is corupt so i need to start over, i only have 1 official one and thats my american animal crossing 1
Mon 26/07/04 at 11:28
Regular
From my experience - all games can save on all memory cards.
Mon 26/07/04 at 11:25
Regular
After playing Wario Ware, JAP version, I proceeded to save it, totally not thinking of the regional formatting of memory cards.

So it saved - on my 251 - with all my PAL saves...

I thought this was not possible?? I remember you needed two different memory cards if you had US and JAP games, so I assumed it was the same for all regions?

How come it's sucessfully saved on my UK format card, and still works - as do my UK saves?

Was I lucky this time or do JAP saves work on UK mem cards and vice versa?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.