GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Problem with Tv card"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/12/06 at 18:46
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Yeah yeah, I know this is the forum for web-development problems, but it's the most techie-orientated which is why I have posted it here. If it isn't meant to be here, then admins/mods (if possible) can move it to wherever it would be appropriate.

Anyway, on with the topic:
I got a WinTV TV card for Christmas. It is this one.

I have properly inserted it into the PCI slot and all cables are connected.

Apparently the Add New Hardware wizard should appear, but it doesn't, so I go into the Add New Hardware wizard via Control Panel. When i search for connected hardware, it is not listed.

The card is firmly inserted into the slot.

I'm using an Intel 865GBFL motherboard with P4 processor, running Windows XP Service Pack 2.

I have already attempted to run the installer on the CD, but that appears to only install the software, not the drivers, and claims that it cannot proceed until the drivers are installed.

The instructions simply say to take the Add New Hardware wizard route.

Any help please?
Tue 26/12/06 at 23:01
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
All sorted now. the problem was that the card actually wasn't firmly installed. Annoying that, seeing as first time I thought it wasn't budging when I pushed against it.

And after trying all day to get a decent reception on any channels, I'll have to settle for below perfect. Plus, it's taken it all day to realise that BBC One exists. Up until now, I've only been able to get Channel 4.
Tue 26/12/06 at 10:01
Regular
"YTS Primate"
Have a look in device manager. (Windows and Break key – Hardware – Device Manager). Two items with yellow marks next to them should be listed. One video and one audio. Click on each in turn and the option to install drivers for each will come up.

If the yellow marks are not showing Windows can’t see the card. Swap it to another PCI slot but avoid the one beside the graphics card even if you have to take another card out temporally. Then go back to device manager and if it’s still not showing up the card is faulty. It not liking the slot it’s in is the most likely as it’s very rare for a card to be faulty to the point it is not recognised in device manager.
Mon 25/12/06 at 18:46
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Yeah yeah, I know this is the forum for web-development problems, but it's the most techie-orientated which is why I have posted it here. If it isn't meant to be here, then admins/mods (if possible) can move it to wherever it would be appropriate.

Anyway, on with the topic:
I got a WinTV TV card for Christmas. It is this one.

I have properly inserted it into the PCI slot and all cables are connected.

Apparently the Add New Hardware wizard should appear, but it doesn't, so I go into the Add New Hardware wizard via Control Panel. When i search for connected hardware, it is not listed.

The card is firmly inserted into the slot.

I'm using an Intel 865GBFL motherboard with P4 processor, running Windows XP Service Pack 2.

I have already attempted to run the installer on the CD, but that appears to only install the software, not the drivers, and claims that it cannot proceed until the drivers are installed.

The instructions simply say to take the Add New Hardware wizard route.

Any help please?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.