GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Xbox live, How it works?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/07/04 at 15:19
Regular
"Monkey Man"
I've just had broadband installed and i want to know how i can get xbox live, does it plug into the modem? and do i have to disconnect my pc for me to do that?
Also, does phantasy star work online? I had the dreamcast version years ago and wondered if it was the same? That surely was one of the best investments i've ever made!
Mon 26/07/04 at 15:27
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Mr Biggles made a helpful post: [URL]http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/display_messages.php?threadid=104857&forumid=130[/URL]
Mon 26/07/04 at 15:24
Regular
you do indeed have to take the network cable out of the back of your PC and stick it in the network socket on the back of your xbox. next buy yourself a Live starter kit for 40 quid, or get hold of a game that offers a 2 month free trial.

then set up your xbox network settings to the same as those on your PC. if you don't know how to do this - you need to set the IP addresses, DNS server ID numbers and subnet masks to the same values. It sounds complicated, but all these numbers will be on the same page in your network settings, and it's just a case of copying them manually onto your xbox using your joypad.

hopefully I think that's it, you should be gaming in no time.

Oh, one last thing - to register with Live you need a valid credit card.
Mon 26/07/04 at 15:19
Regular
"Monkey Man"
I've just had broadband installed and i want to know how i can get xbox live, does it plug into the modem? and do i have to disconnect my pc for me to do that?
Also, does phantasy star work online? I had the dreamcast version years ago and wondered if it was the same? That surely was one of the best investments i've ever made!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.