GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh No The Dinosaurs Are Back!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/06/01 at 01:27
Regular
What is it with our fascination with dinosaurs? Jurassic Park, Jurassic Park 2, Walking With Dinosaurs, Denney's Dinosaur, Barney, and de,da,de Jurassic Park 3 (Whoopee)
Please can we stop this obsession with Dinosaurs, Please, Pretty please, No more books,TV shows, making of TV shows, DVD's, stuffed toys, plastic toys etc,etc
And people have the cheek To go on about Pokemon being eveywhere!
Fri 29/06/01 at 23:34
cdouch wrote:
> Mewtwo wrote:
> cdouch wrote:
> mewtwo how old are
> you?

Guess

um about 5-10 years old
i was just asking
> cause you like pokemon and i was just woundering if your were a
> little kid or a freak who likes pokemon

I bet i'm older than you, and if not my mental age would be, then again my shoe size would have an IQ than you!
Fri 29/06/01 at 20:35
"The pen is mightier"
Why is he a freak for liking Pokemon???
Fri 29/06/01 at 18:42
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Mewtwo wrote:
> cdouch wrote:
> mewtwo how old are you?

Guess

um about 5-10 years old
i was just asking cause you like pokemon and i was just woundering if your were a little kid or a freak who likes pokemon
Fri 29/06/01 at 16:14
"The pen is mightier"
mcg_highlander wrote:
> The one main reservation I have against the 3rd on is
> this......
The actor that made the 1st and 2nd, in my opinion, was
> Jeff Goldblum and it looks as though he isn't in the 3rd one (I
> might be mistaken though). The first one was the best because
> firstly I saw it at the cinema so I got the full benefit of the
> atmosphere created by the special effects, secondly I felt that the
> first movie did alot of good for the dino genre. The second film
> seemed to fail because it could only match the first one (okay the
> effects were better) but it did little to improving the genre. It
> was still an enjoyable film but many were perhaps let down as it
> didn't match up to the huge expectations of this film.
The second
> film was perhaps overall slightly better than the 1st but more
> people would have enjoyed the first one as it was more original
> whereas the second was "old news".

Jeff Goldblum was asked to reprise his role for JP3, but after a change of script his character had less to do and was then dropped, also Goldblum was approach to do another film which coincided with the shooting schedule for JP3, so that effectively ruled him out.

On the plus side both Sam Neill and Laura Dern return for JP3 along with Tea Leoni and William H Macy.

There also seems from the trailer and from recent magazine features to be a distinct lack of annoying children as well. This can only mean that they are either featured briefly, eaten quickly or never made it into the script.

Both the last two are preferable for me....!!
Thu 28/06/01 at 17:24
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
The one main reservation I have against the 3rd on is this......
The actor that made the 1st and 2nd, in my opinion, was Jeff Goldblum and it looks as though he isn't in the 3rd one (I might be mistaken though). The first one was the best because firstly I saw it at the cinema so I got the full benefit of the atmosphere created by the special effects, secondly I felt that the first movie did alot of good for the dino genre. The second film seemed to fail because it could only match the first one (okay the effects were better) but it did little to improving the genre. It was still an enjoyable film but many were perhaps let down as it didn't match up to the huge expectations of this film.
The second film was perhaps overall slightly better than the 1st but more people would have enjoyed the first one as it was more original whereas the second was "old news".
Thu 28/06/01 at 17:10
mcg_highlander wrote:
> Mewtwo, other than pokemon do you actually like anything
> else??
Jurassic Park 3 looked alright in the trailors, it seems to
> have went back to the roots with a feel like the first one, which by
> the way I highly enjoyed.

I cannot you have more interest in wee
> furballs than dinosaurs that once roamed this planet of ours, I find
> find them extremly internesting. The walking with dinosaurs
> programme was highly informative and was quite enjoyable.

Just
> because a T-rex could beat the snot out of Pikachu (or however it is
> spelled) there is no need to take it out on the dinos!

Eee when I was a wee lad up north I loved Dinosaurs and still have nothing against them, the problem is Just like Pokemon we are being stampeded by Dinosaurs.
Thu 28/06/01 at 17:06
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
Mewtwo, other than pokemon do you actually like anything else??
Jurassic Park 3 looked alright in the trailors, it seems to have went back to the roots with a feel like the first one, which by the way I highly enjoyed.

I cannot you have more interest in wee furballs than dinosaurs that once roamed this planet of ours, I find find them extremly internesting. The walking with dinosaurs programme was highly informative and was quite enjoyable.

Just because a T-rex could beat the snot out of Pikachu (or however it is spelled) there is no need to take it out on the dinos!
Thu 28/06/01 at 14:58
Ill say one thing in J3's favour If I had to endure seeing J3 or Boob Raider I'd see J3.
Also as you can gather i didn't perticular like J1 or J2 but am I the only person to prefer J2?
Thu 28/06/01 at 12:39
"The pen is mightier"
No matter how bad the new Jurassic Park 3 could be, and i think that it won`t be that bad, it perhaps cannot be any worse than the educational "Time Team a-like" venture called Dinosaur Island the BBC inflicted upon us all!

JP3 at least offers two things: The return of Sam Neill as Alan Grant, and new director Joe Johnson (Jumanji) who has a good knowledge of CGI and animatronics.

The fact that Johnson rejected studio ideas for a script and went with his own choice shows he doesn`t like to be pushed around by the "suits" which can only be good for the film and for us all.

I`m not saying JP3 will be exceptional because the wow-factor has long since gone after the first film, just that it will make up for the errors of the Lost World.
Wed 27/06/01 at 18:44
Sorry about this, i didn't know that it had been posted as my computer was telling me that "Connection timed out" when i clicking on "post this message"
Sorry!

Darkreaper

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.