GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So, these Ebay counterfeits..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 27/07/04 at 16:40
Regular
": ("
...just wondering whether anyone could tell me more about them, so if you dont mind could you answer the following questions for us :

1) How exactly do these people get the games if they haven't even been released in America?

2) Are they worth the money?

3) I bought a copied Mario 4 GBA SP game without knowing it was copied, will I get told off by the police or something?

4) Why does Ebay allow people to sell illega stuff?

5) How can I tell whether i'm buying a counterfeit game or not?

Cheers.
Tue 27/07/04 at 16:40
Regular
...just wondering whether anyone could tell me more about them, so if you dont mind could you answer the following questions for us :

1) How exactly do these people get the games if they haven't even been released in America?

2) Are they worth the money?

3) I bought a copied Mario 4 GBA SP game without knowing it was copied, will I get told off by the police or something?

4) Why does Ebay allow people to sell illega stuff?

5) How can I tell whether i'm buying a counterfeit game or not?

Cheers.
Tue 27/07/04 at 17:19
Regular
Haha, these are some of the most stupid questions I've ever heard. Ever.
Tue 27/07/04 at 17:21
"Long time no see"
1) How exactly do these people get the games if they haven't even
been released in America? - Either from stolen source code type shananagins (so i'm told? i wouldn't know?)

2) Are they worth the money? - Yes, on ebay.

3) I bought a copied Mario 4 GBA SP game without knowing it was
copied, will I get told off by the police or something? - you could do if you go broadcasting it over the internet. however, it is fairly unlikely as the police rarely take any interest in piracy. just now and again to keep us scared.

4) Why does Ebay allow people to sell illega stuff? - ebay is just a hub for sellers and isn't policed that well. if you advertise dodgy things then they'll be onto you. however, if you advertise one thing, then sell another slightly different thing they tend to leave you to it.

5) How can I tell whether i'm buying a counterfeit game or not? - You can't unless the person you buy off lets you know. if they provide a picture, you can get an idea if the product is genuine, but you can't know til the pirated article arrives on your doormat!

Cheers.
Tue 27/07/04 at 17:22
"Long time no see"
Rickoss wrote:
> Haha, these are some of the most stupid questions I've ever heard.
> Ever.

What's with the negativity dude? The guy just asked some stuff? If you don't know or don't care.... don't post.
Tue 27/07/04 at 17:32
Regular
Don't worry, no matter how much love is in your heart, you'll learn to hate Strid's... stridisms. ;-)
Tue 27/07/04 at 17:45
Regular
"Teal'c"
STRID wrote:
> 3) I bought a copied Mario 4 GBA SP game without knowing it was
> copied, will I get told off by the police or something?

God kid, grow some balls.
Tue 27/07/04 at 18:34
Regular
I am the Tarrant wrote:
> Rickoss wrote:
> Haha, these are some of the most stupid questions I've ever heard.
> Ever.
>
>
>
> What's with the negativity dude? The guy just asked some stuff? If
> you don't know or don't care.... don't post.

Ha ha, Rick got told!

Hes right though, just because you dont know the answers doesn't mean you have to be so negative.
Tue 27/07/04 at 18:35
Regular
John Nash wrote:

> God kid, grow some balls.

*grows*
Tue 27/07/04 at 19:01
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I am the Tarrant!I have been told of you in the past.

Please, have my children.
Tue 27/07/04 at 19:13
Regular
STRID wrote:
> Hes right though, just because you dont know the answers doesn't mean
> you have to be so negative.

I think it's more that the questions are so blindingly obvious/stupid. ;-)

Do you really think the police will be knocking down your door and beating you to the ground for unknowingly purchasing a copied game? Use your common sense, man!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.