GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DO NOT BUY Mad Catz LIGHT MAGNIFIER FOR GBA!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/06/01 at 22:29
Regular
if you remember i started a topic about wormlights, asking how good they were, I decided to take mine back and i got a light magnifier from mad catz on the launch day of the gba. I was so excited when i got home (thinking finally i can play my gba whilst lying in my bed, and not sitting on the most uncomfortable bench in the world in my back garden which is the only place i can actually see my gba screen properly)!

wow that was a mouth full!

Anyways I got home and tryed it out. I took off the packaging and stuck it on my gba. I could not believe how far it actually stuck out, and it wayed about twice as much as my gba! it stuck out like 10cm and it looked awfulk and it didnt light up the screen or make it any easier to see. In fact it made it harder too see the screen cos i could only see a reflection of my face through the magnifier lens.
I was so dissapointed :-(

so here is a warning to all you ppl out there who are thniking of buying a light magnifier.

PLZZZZZ FOR YOUR OWN GOOD DO NOT BUY MAD CATZ ONE COZ ITZ CRAP!
I know this is a fairly large post for a fairly unimportant topic but well, it maybe useful to some :-)

cheerz
Andy (&y)
Mon 25/06/01 at 22:29
if you remember i started a topic about wormlights, asking how good they were, I decided to take mine back and i got a light magnifier from mad catz on the launch day of the gba. I was so excited when i got home (thinking finally i can play my gba whilst lying in my bed, and not sitting on the most uncomfortable bench in the world in my back garden which is the only place i can actually see my gba screen properly)!

wow that was a mouth full!

Anyways I got home and tryed it out. I took off the packaging and stuck it on my gba. I could not believe how far it actually stuck out, and it wayed about twice as much as my gba! it stuck out like 10cm and it looked awfulk and it didnt light up the screen or make it any easier to see. In fact it made it harder too see the screen cos i could only see a reflection of my face through the magnifier lens.
I was so dissapointed :-(

so here is a warning to all you ppl out there who are thniking of buying a light magnifier.

PLZZZZZ FOR YOUR OWN GOOD DO NOT BUY MAD CATZ ONE COZ ITZ CRAP!
I know this is a fairly large post for a fairly unimportant topic but well, it maybe useful to some :-)

cheerz
Andy (&y)
Mon 25/06/01 at 23:54
Thank you . I will not be buying this monstrosity. As it happens I believe MadCatz have no clue about aesthetics, ergonomics or anything. And hey, if you think your post was long?!
Tue 26/06/01 at 00:26
Regular
Yeah, and dont buy the gamester one either. It seems as though they have just got the madcatz maginfier and just changed the name. Bloody waste of money.I cant believe they release crap like this.
Tue 26/06/01 at 22:37
Ahhhhh? i surpose my message aint so long, it just seemed that way when i was writing it :-)
Tue 26/06/01 at 22:57
The best light periphial to get is the pelican light shield
Wed 04/07/01 at 13:57
Regular
"DS..."
apparently the sharklite from Blaze is the best light peripheral for the GBA and i'm seriously considering buying one...maybe
slik $_$

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.