GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Beyond Good and Evil: The Trilogy"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Beyond Good and Evil'.
Thu 29/07/04 at 19:27
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Yes! Yes yes yes!! These days Ubi-Soft are most definately my favourite third party developer. XIII, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell and of course Beyond Good and Evil have all been brilliant games, the last one especially so.

It was new, and original, yet it had the dungeon puzzles of Zelda, the fighting system like Starfox Adventures but no where near as weak, the collecting pictures sidequest that harked back Pokémon Snap on the N64, it was all there. Plus great characterisation, funky graphics, mini-games, quite a few non-essential bits and bobs to collect and Jamaican Rhino Mechanics for goodness sake! What more could you want from a game?

Ok, I've raved about it enough. If you've played it like me, the ending screams for another part to be made (especially if you watch until after the credits..) and our favourite second-party developer has answered with the promise of two sequels. Rejoice!
Sun 01/08/04 at 06:13
Regular
"everyone says it"
A trully great game. That alike most games that are brilliant. Are overlooked for the crap like Tekken and Fifa.

Shame on you people who haven't given this game a try.
Sat 31/07/04 at 20:36
Regular
"a.k.a King"
Ubisoft are brilliant producers, although Rainbow Six 3 on Cube was crap cuz there was no online.
Sat 31/07/04 at 20:34
Regular
The "missions/dungeons" were sort of mediocre, but everything else about the game was fantastic, other than how small it was.

I loved the music the best, but Hillys and the characters weren't far behind.
Sat 31/07/04 at 19:51
Regular
"tokyo police club"
tphi wrote:
> And anyway, they did recently buy beyondgoodandevil2.com &
> beyondgoodandevil3.com.

Not according to xwhois.com...
Sat 31/07/04 at 19:40
Regular
"Long time no see!"
It's only £20 - anyone can afford it (and so, you should go out and buy it)! :)

I'm all for the idea of a sequel to this game (even though I have detered from finishing it, also...), but is making this game a 'Trilogy' - the new 'in thing' with movies and games alike - really such a good idea?

Though, if they've really spent as much time and effort on it as you say, I guess the 2 follow-ups could be of an equally strong quality...

Pah. 2 years from now, people who haven't already bought into it could get the 'Beyond Good and Evil Trilogy' set for only an extra £20 ontop of the price of your average game! :P
Fri 30/07/04 at 12:45
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It'll happen eventually I'm sure. Ubisoft spent years building the BG&E universe, I think they'll give the franchise another try. And anyway, they did recently buy beyondgoodandevil2.com & beyondgoodandevil3.com.
Fri 30/07/04 at 12:39
Regular
This may un-make your day then:

[URL]http://cube.ign.com/articles/534/534564p1.html[/URL]
Thu 29/07/04 at 19:53
Regular
You've made my day, the first was great (although once completed was... pointless).
Thu 29/07/04 at 19:43
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I have, but I haven't completed it yet. It was quite engrossing, but got kinda samey.

I'll finish sometime, though. And was it me, or did the stupid computer annoy you everytime he said Jade?

"Well done Yade"

Aaar.
Thu 29/07/04 at 19:33
Regular
"tokyo police club"
You people are making me want this game, and, though I know I would have no use for it, I I feel as if I need to get it.

I need job.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.