GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is the picture on anyones GBA hard to see in normal light?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 25/06/01 at 00:47
Regular
i have the gba and i think it is great.
But i have to sit near a bright light so that i can see the game i am playing! has anyone had the same problem or is my game boy advance faulty?
Mon 25/06/01 at 21:19
You just have to get the right angle. Indirect sunlight is the best source of light.
Mon 25/06/01 at 21:17
It's useless to play if you are on a train or in a car.
Mon 25/06/01 at 18:12
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i play mine near a window , outside with my back (and GBA ) AWAY FROM THE SUN , so it shines on the gba screen or under a bright light , by the way worm lights are crap , stick to natural light !
Mon 25/06/01 at 16:48
Grumbles.
Mon 25/06/01 at 15:42
Regular
While i'm in the garden sun bathing.

Last thing at night while i'm bed, before i go to sleep.

Also i'm going to be doing a lot of travelling by train in the next year, so i'll play it there.
Mon 25/06/01 at 15:37
Regular
I know, when you could be playing a PS2, funny that??

I just want to know, where do you people play your GBA's??
Mon 25/06/01 at 15:35
Regular
You could, but it would shorten the battery life significantly.

Unless you've got a mains adaptor, but then whats the point of buying a portable games machine if you have to sit within a couple of metres of a plug socket?
Mon 25/06/01 at 15:32
Regular
Or you could by a wormlight thingy!!
Mon 25/06/01 at 15:29
Regular
There's nothing wrong with your GBA, they are all the same. The reason is that the GBA doesn't have a backlight, a light beihnd the screen, like the Game Gear did.

The reason for this is that it would have made the GBA slightly more expensive and, more importantly, dropped the battery life by up to 50%.

All you need to do is sit in a well lit place. I prefer to sit with my back to the window in my room. That lights up the screen perfectly.
Mon 25/06/01 at 01:00
Yep. I agree.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.