GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Help Please!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/08/04 at 11:06
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I just got SWAT on the xbox and have encountered a problem, some of the levels will not load up and a blue screen appears sayin check the disc is not dirty or damaged, I then cleaned the disc and there were no scratches on it. It still didnt work so I tried it on another 2 xbox's but it worked fine on them, so I cannot send the game back saying it is faulty. Does anyone know what the problem is or could be? please help, thanx.
Mon 09/08/04 at 22:26
Regular
"liquid crusaders"
i have same problem but it with one game at first then two days later all my new games but all my old games still work any ideas??
Sun 01/08/04 at 17:14
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> gr13ve wrote:
> Yeah but if it works on other consoles, i was really wanting to fix
> this just because it was a mail order and it would take some time...
> but I may just have to.
>
> The point is that different age consoles have different makes of DVD
> drives in them (Samsung, Phillips and Toshiba I think) and some are
> better than others. There is no exact science to this but it is known
> that some makes are more bothered about disc imperfections etc.
>
> If your console plays your other games with no problem, then the
> problem is the disc and not the console, but you know it works
> elsewhere so it's probably a small flaw on the disc that your drive
> does not like. If you have cleaned the disc, and it still does not
> work, then there is very little I can think of you can actually do.
> If all you want from the company is another disc then it should be
> okay.

Okay I understand you now, thanks for the info
Sun 01/08/04 at 16:38
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
gr13ve wrote:
> Yeah but if it works on other consoles, i was really wanting to fix
> this just because it was a mail order and it would take some time...
> but I may just have to.

The point is that different age consoles have different makes of DVD drives in them (Samsung, Phillips and Toshiba I think) and some are better than others. There is no exact science to this but it is known that some makes are more bothered about disc imperfections etc.

If your console plays your other games with no problem, then the problem is the disc and not the console, but you know it works elsewhere so it's probably a small flaw on the disc that your drive does not like. If you have cleaned the disc, and it still does not work, then there is very little I can think of you can actually do. If all you want from the company is another disc then it should be okay.
Sun 01/08/04 at 12:42
Regular
"hulagadoo"
Stranger In Paradise wrote:
> Just take the game back to the store and get another disc, it's
> possible that some defect on the disc makes it have a problem with
> the brand of disc drive in your Xbox.
>
> I recently had same problem with Solider Of Fortune 2 - tried 2
> copies from GAME, one from Gamestation - all had load problems, yet a
> second hand one from Blockbuster worked fine.

Yeah but if it works on other consoles, i was really wanting to fix this just because it was a mail order and it would take some time... but I may just have to.
Sun 01/08/04 at 11:56
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Just take the game back to the store and get another disc, it's possible that some defect on the disc makes it have a problem with the brand of disc drive in your Xbox.

I recently had same problem with Solider Of Fortune 2 - tried 2 copies from GAME, one from Gamestation - all had load problems, yet a second hand one from Blockbuster worked fine.
Sun 01/08/04 at 11:11
Regular
"hulagadoo"
captainstringer wrote:
> have you dropped your xbox or is it chiped

No and No
Sun 01/08/04 at 11:10
Regular
have you dropped your xbox or is it chiped
Sun 01/08/04 at 11:06
Regular
"hulagadoo"
I just got SWAT on the xbox and have encountered a problem, some of the levels will not load up and a blue screen appears sayin check the disc is not dirty or damaged, I then cleaned the disc and there were no scratches on it. It still didnt work so I tried it on another 2 xbox's but it worked fine on them, so I cannot send the game back saying it is faulty. Does anyone know what the problem is or could be? please help, thanx.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.