GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy is like Marmite"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 01/08/04 at 12:43
Regular
"We love you Rooney!"
You either love it or you hate it!

I, after playing roughly 6 hours of FFX, hate it. I simply do not see the appeal of it,its just as bad as pokemon, but pokemon looks better. This game is simply dire.

Oh, i dont like marmite either
Tue 03/08/04 at 22:45
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Ultima Weapon wrote:
> I've played every FF on the PS1. The Origins and Anthology were
> enjoyable and 7, 8 and 9 were excellent. FFX was very good, however,
> X-2 had lacked what the other FF's had - central plot. It's you're
> opinion. If you want to go and have fun with Pikachu, then go ahead.

Has anyone seen Pikachu's Vacation?
Tue 03/08/04 at 12:18
"Was UW."
I've played every FF on the PS1. The Origins and Anthology were enjoyable and 7, 8 and 9 were excellent. FFX was very good, however, X-2 had lacked what the other FF's had - central plot. It's you're opinion. If you want to go and have fun with Pikachu, then go ahead.
Mon 02/08/04 at 21:46
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
I used to like marmite, but now its just like, meh.

I liked FF7&9 but X and X-2 were terrible.

Coincidence?
Mon 02/08/04 at 10:56
Regular
"Taking Back Sunday"
I hate marmite and I don't know anyone who loves it (my siblings can 'stand it')

On topic, I like most of the FFs but unlike a lot of RPG fans, I realise that it's not for everyone

I personally liken it to football: a lot of people like FFs and they (generally) have little/no respect for people who don't like FF/football
Mon 02/08/04 at 01:05
Regular
"Balls"
i like FF's

and i like marmite

is there some kind of a link?
Mon 02/08/04 at 00:58
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Logic wrote:

I, after playing roughly 6 hours of FFX, hate it. I simply do not see the appeal of it,its just as bad as pokemon, but pokemon looks better. This game is simply dire.
----------------

How dare you talk so crap? If you get truly stuck into it, and play it to the end, then you'll see why it's such a good game.
Sun 01/08/04 at 23:56
Regular
"We love you Rooney!"
same here but a different version
Sun 01/08/04 at 23:49
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I had 7 for the PS1 and hated it, really didn't like it at all. Still have it somewhere. Only played it for a bit a few times. Found it very boring and have avoided the FF games since.
Sun 01/08/04 at 20:56
"period drama"
Just don't give up on the series because you - with great taste - thought X was crap. VII easily one of the best games ever made.
Sun 01/08/04 at 19:14
Regular
"accidental superher"
i've enjoyed pretty much all FF games i've played (except FF: mystic quest -or something like that and FF crystal chronicles)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.