GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quick Wee Q"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/12/06 at 00:26
Regular
I read somewhere the Wee/ii's (I've not been around, so I've not done that joke to death yet) RRP was £130.

However, I've only seen it at £170.

Can you get it for £130 anywhere, and is a price drop predicted for after christmas?

Chairs.
Thu 28/12/06 at 13:17
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
I'm sure that by mid-2007 you'll be able to pick up a second-hand Wii for £130-£150...

I don't know if I'll get a Wii. One of my housemates is getting one, so I'll have a whirl on it, see if there's any games I fancy, then maybe get one later when you can pick up second-hand ones nice and cheap.
Thu 28/12/06 at 11:55
Regular
Lol, how will you carry them home? They're as big as your house and they cost more.
Thu 28/12/06 at 07:34
Regular
That was the idea in 'a few preorders' :P
Wed 27/12/06 at 20:13
Regular
To make it less expensive, pre-order two then sell one.
Wed 27/12/06 at 13:02
Regular
It's pretty much a dead cert that the PS3 will be in short supply. It's the biggest gaming brand in the world for a start :)

Hell, if the Wii can sell out completely on day one, I'm confident the PS3 will do the same.

I'm still undecided whether I want one, it's a very expensive machine and Blu-Ray isn't really selling it for me. Regardless, I may just put a few preorders down and cross the bridge when I come to it.
Wed 27/12/06 at 12:42
Regular
Bullett wrote:
> This may be one console I'll happily buy and resell - if
> demand outstrips supply, the profit should be tasty. However,
> I've always said I'd never do that, I don't like it when people
> do it as it prevents those from actually wanting one to get it
> at proper price.

True, but they are still *willing* to pay whatever they bid for it.

So in a way, you stop one person getting one at the shop, but you help someone who otherwise wouldn't have got one (until later), who is willing to pay more.

Do you think there will be the short supply of PS3s?
I'd hate to buy it and make a loss on the thing. I don't actually want a PS3 myself.
Wed 27/12/06 at 08:03
Regular
The Wii is well worth the purchase, especially when you get some multiplayer going on Wii Sports/Play, but don't go out of your way to get one, wait until it's all calmed down and prices aren't extortionate or expensive bundles aren't forced onto you *cough*GAME*cough*...

As for PS3, it's not out over here but it is available in Japan and the US. Think we're looking at March over here, may be wrong though. This may be one console I'll happily buy and resell - if demand outstrips supply, the profit should be tasty. However, I've always said I'd never do that, I don't like it when people do it as it prevents those from actually wanting one to get it at proper price. Some a**e bought 4 Wii's in GAME the other day, bet they were on eBay in no time...
Tue 26/12/06 at 12:38
Regular
Hi Machie and Bullett.

Oh noes. Never mind eh, I might pick one up anyway, when I next get paid I'll assess the christmas damage.

But to be honest I expect I'll leave it. Still too many books to read, to disuade me from expensive consoling.

Actually a few months ago I was thinking about buying one at launch and flogging it on for a profit, but I forgot all about it.

Is the PS3 out now too then? Maybe I'll go investigate. I really have no clue what's been going on for the last few months.
Sun 24/12/06 at 16:10
Regular
£130 is what the US price would convert to.
Sun 24/12/06 at 00:46
Regular
Hi Mumbai Duck =) I don't own a Wii, nor know a lot about them. But I am certain I can give you the answers you seek.

No, I'm afraid there hasnt been anyone selling the Wii for £130. That's an incredibly cheap price and I would get one if they were that much =) £170 is the RRP and because demand is greater than supply, there's no competition to lower that price. Amazon had some Wiis on launch date but they literally sold out in seconds.

As for a price drop after Christmas, again it's a no. =( The consoles seem so cheap already, I'd be suprised if they went any lower. £150 is much more tempting than £170. Not sure if the price will go down by next Christmas but I'm thinking 2008.

Not sure when more Wiis arrive in the UK. There's a lot on eBay, going for around £250. So £80 fat profit right there. Not as much as PS2s selling for £800

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.