GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Championship Manager or Football Manager"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/08/04 at 00:33
Regular
"We love you Rooney!"
I believe that many people will be mislead Eidos and SI Games. As all CM fans should know Eidos and SI Games were the great team behind a very successful Championship Manager series. But did you know that they have broken up?

Well.....they have! Now they have decided to make rival games with Eidos remaining with the ever popular name of Championship Manager, and SI Games being forced to make a new name, and they have decided on Football Manager. SI Games are the real force behind CM making every detail about it while Eidos just had a backseat role and just watched. So I want to know, which one will you back?

SI Games are making a total re-style after being forced to, but they have all the knowledge of the game and how to make it effectively addictive. But the fact they have had to use a new name will lose their not so observant fans.

Eidos have got the longer straw, luckily for them, they have the well recognised name meaning the non-observant fans of the SI style CM will still buy Eidos' game because they dont know that there has been a split. But i still would like to know whether they can effectively pull off a good managerial game that can live up to its name.

Myself? I am leaning towards the more knowledgeable SI Games, but i would still like to sample how well Eidos have managed on their own. So eventually I will buy FM2005 and le my lesser observant brother buy CM5 and i'll nick that off of him and have a gander at it.

Which one will you choose?

Eidos : Backseat makers that have only been there to have their name on it?

or

SI Games : the original creators of the game that have all the knowledge of the historic CM series?
Tue 03/08/04 at 15:05
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
SI got to keep the engine and database of the game while Eidos only got to keep the name. Not a hard decision to see which one will be the best. All SI have to do is come up with some new graphics and layout.
Mon 02/08/04 at 14:17
Regular
"We love you Rooney!"
But which one?
Mon 02/08/04 at 13:20
Regular
titanic sinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

There is no debat. anyone who deosn't get football manager and gets champo is a moron.
Mon 02/08/04 at 05:15
Regular
"Insert Gently"
So whatever one is most like Champ Man 4, hope one of them is good tho...i can't live without champman
Mon 02/08/04 at 04:11
Regular
I don't like Football Managment games, but as SI were the makers and developers of CM games if I did get one it would probably be theirs, after all it certainly shouldn't be any worse than previous CM titles.
Mon 02/08/04 at 00:33
Regular
"We love you Rooney!"
I believe that many people will be mislead Eidos and SI Games. As all CM fans should know Eidos and SI Games were the great team behind a very successful Championship Manager series. But did you know that they have broken up?

Well.....they have! Now they have decided to make rival games with Eidos remaining with the ever popular name of Championship Manager, and SI Games being forced to make a new name, and they have decided on Football Manager. SI Games are the real force behind CM making every detail about it while Eidos just had a backseat role and just watched. So I want to know, which one will you back?

SI Games are making a total re-style after being forced to, but they have all the knowledge of the game and how to make it effectively addictive. But the fact they have had to use a new name will lose their not so observant fans.

Eidos have got the longer straw, luckily for them, they have the well recognised name meaning the non-observant fans of the SI style CM will still buy Eidos' game because they dont know that there has been a split. But i still would like to know whether they can effectively pull off a good managerial game that can live up to its name.

Myself? I am leaning towards the more knowledgeable SI Games, but i would still like to sample how well Eidos have managed on their own. So eventually I will buy FM2005 and le my lesser observant brother buy CM5 and i'll nick that off of him and have a gander at it.

Which one will you choose?

Eidos : Backseat makers that have only been there to have their name on it?

or

SI Games : the original creators of the game that have all the knowledge of the historic CM series?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.