GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Favicons and IE7"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/12/06 at 21:50
Regular
I think I may have found yet another weaknes or failing in IE7, I dont seem to have my favicons working, they apear in firefox and Opera and IE6 but not in IE7 - anyone else have this problem?

Kev
Tue 30/01/07 at 19:07
Regular
Most browsers will detect the favicon from the root folder of your webspace, but just to make sure you should put the following code within the head tags of the pages you wish the favicon to appear on:

<link rel=“icon” href=“http://www.yoursite.com/favicon.ico” type=“image/x-icon”>
<link rel=“shortcut icon” href=“http://www.yoursite.com/favicon.ico” type=“image/x-icon”>

If this doesn't work then I really can't see what the problem would be.
Sun 28/01/07 at 13:36
Regular
YES and NO it all depends what day of the week it is, and what PC I am on. They work most days on my PC never work on my laptop! YET the same code on one of our other sites works perfectly! on all PCs inc the laptop!

Kev :-)
Sun 28/01/07 at 12:57
Regular
"it's all Greek to m"
Did you manage to get your Favicons working? I am having the same problem...
Tue 02/01/07 at 08:15
Regular
will give it a shot - cheers.
Kev
Mon 01/01/07 at 20:15
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Have you tried removing the HTML reference completely, and relied on the default look-up?

It could also just be a cache issue, IE has never been brilliant at letting go.
Sun 31/12/06 at 17:44
Regular
Yes i have the icons on the correct place, as I say its working fine in Opera and Firefox yet fails in IE7 its a strange one.
Sun 31/12/06 at 15:01
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
What is your web site address?

I wasn't aware of any favicon changes in IE 7, so can't suggest as fix as such. Are you using actual icon files, placed in your root directory, named favicon.ico, or PNG / GIF images as the icon?
Sun 31/12/06 at 10:40
Regular
Using them on my own sites, they are in place and the htmlcode is correct, when viewed in Opera or firefox the smmall favicon appears in the address bar but not in IE7, I have visit some site that do show a favicon in IE7 but I guess that there must be an updated code some where? needs further investigations I think.

Kev
Sat 30/12/06 at 23:37
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Seems to be working OK for me. Do you mean icons for sites you visit, or your own web site(s)?
Sat 23/12/06 at 21:50
Regular
I think I may have found yet another weaknes or failing in IE7, I dont seem to have my favicons working, they apear in firefox and Opera and IE6 but not in IE7 - anyone else have this problem?

Kev

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.