GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console Wars... Settled once and for all!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 23/06/01 at 18:06
Regular
The amount of Console wars is really getting on my nerves, everyone’s being biased and saying there console is the best. It pee's me off, how people can be so biased and not take in other peoples opinions.

There is a bad side to every console, and I can grantee you that, you’ll never find a perfect console. But every console has its bright sides, even the Saturn did. I’ve listed the bright sides and good sides for each console:

PS2:
Good Side: With it’s younger brother, the PSX, being the most successful console in the years of gaming, many people have trust in Sony to deliver them a brilliant console with brilliant titles. Which Sony have done, boasting some of the greatest games to come…
Bad side: On it’s launch it was priced at a massive £300, and only a few were in England. Not many people enjoyed the launch of the PS2. Even though the price has gone down it is still quite hefty.

DC:
GS: The DC boasts some of the most fantastic games ever to be seen on a console. Games like Shenmue, Phantasy Star Online and Jet Set Radio all making it big time the DC was not a failure.
BS: Sega ceased production for the DC early in it’s life. But still making games. Also the online play was a bit of a failure at the start with the free game Chu Chu Rocket!

Gcube:
GS: The price of this next generation console sells it’s self-alone at only £150, the Gcube will certainly be a success! The Gcube will have the technology so that you can fix your GBA on to the console and use it as a controller… Brilliant!
BS: With the Gcube appealing to the younger generation and being all bright colours, not many teenagers will go for this tiny little console, but you never know… Nintendo might have something up there sleeve!

Xbox:
GS: With the Xbox made by one of the richest companies in the world, Microsoft have got money to throw away, with different companies making different parts to make them all perfect and boasting ace graphics this is surly going to be a hit.
BS: Being made by Bill Gates many people will stay away from this console as much as possible, and being the size of a video recorder there’s not much hope. Lets see what Microsoft can do.

There are all the contenders, with their weaknesses and strengths. Each balancing out to be good, in there own special way.

I’m not saying that there should be no more console wars, with only one company. I’m saying let’s give each console a chance. As if there was only one console and there had always been one console we wouldn’t be as far up the technology tree with gaming as we are now.
As rivalry is a good thing and it gives you a target to aim for and a target to beat. With GBA not having much rivalry, it won’t improve as fast as it could. Even though it is the best H.H.C ever to come on the market.
What I’m trying to get trough to everyone is to give this war a rest, and listen to everyone’s opinions with out being offensive and going around saying that just one console is the best, let’s just give each console a chance… And see what it has to offer.

Whatever console you get you’ll be happy!
Sat 23/06/01 at 18:06
Regular
"Hoo Har"
The amount of Console wars is really getting on my nerves, everyone’s being biased and saying there console is the best. It pee's me off, how people can be so biased and not take in other peoples opinions.

There is a bad side to every console, and I can grantee you that, you’ll never find a perfect console. But every console has its bright sides, even the Saturn did. I’ve listed the bright sides and good sides for each console:

PS2:
Good Side: With it’s younger brother, the PSX, being the most successful console in the years of gaming, many people have trust in Sony to deliver them a brilliant console with brilliant titles. Which Sony have done, boasting some of the greatest games to come…
Bad side: On it’s launch it was priced at a massive £300, and only a few were in England. Not many people enjoyed the launch of the PS2. Even though the price has gone down it is still quite hefty.

DC:
GS: The DC boasts some of the most fantastic games ever to be seen on a console. Games like Shenmue, Phantasy Star Online and Jet Set Radio all making it big time the DC was not a failure.
BS: Sega ceased production for the DC early in it’s life. But still making games. Also the online play was a bit of a failure at the start with the free game Chu Chu Rocket!

Gcube:
GS: The price of this next generation console sells it’s self-alone at only £150, the Gcube will certainly be a success! The Gcube will have the technology so that you can fix your GBA on to the console and use it as a controller… Brilliant!
BS: With the Gcube appealing to the younger generation and being all bright colours, not many teenagers will go for this tiny little console, but you never know… Nintendo might have something up there sleeve!

Xbox:
GS: With the Xbox made by one of the richest companies in the world, Microsoft have got money to throw away, with different companies making different parts to make them all perfect and boasting ace graphics this is surly going to be a hit.
BS: Being made by Bill Gates many people will stay away from this console as much as possible, and being the size of a video recorder there’s not much hope. Lets see what Microsoft can do.

There are all the contenders, with their weaknesses and strengths. Each balancing out to be good, in there own special way.

I’m not saying that there should be no more console wars, with only one company. I’m saying let’s give each console a chance. As if there was only one console and there had always been one console we wouldn’t be as far up the technology tree with gaming as we are now.
As rivalry is a good thing and it gives you a target to aim for and a target to beat. With GBA not having much rivalry, it won’t improve as fast as it could. Even though it is the best H.H.C ever to come on the market.
What I’m trying to get trough to everyone is to give this war a rest, and listen to everyone’s opinions with out being offensive and going around saying that just one console is the best, let’s just give each console a chance… And see what it has to offer.

Whatever console you get you’ll be happy!
Sat 23/06/01 at 18:09
Well said Spider. I agree that there should be no more biasing or argueing which console is better.

P.S. PS2 rocks it is the best! Nintendo? Pah!

:D
Sat 23/06/01 at 18:10
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Finally, someone that agrees with my idea1

Sat 23/06/01 at 18:10
First Person: I just got a PS2, it rocks!

Second Person: You should buy a stand for it then.

Haha!
Sat 23/06/01 at 18:14
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Namo, lets get this straght, are you MJswereve and Shorty Blitz???
Sat 23/06/01 at 18:15
Actually I think console wars put a small percentage into keeping this forum alive. If it wasn't for everyones own points about their favourite console, life here would be a bit dull.

Sure it may be annoying, but it adds excitement, and, if someone likes one console better than another one, people should respect that, but may have a friendly debate about it if they think differently.

Remember, this forum is where we talk and discuss things i.e. which console is better.

Its all perfectly natural!
Sat 23/06/01 at 18:16
Spider II wrote:
> Namo, lets get this straght, are you MJswereve and Shorty Blitz???

I'm Swish you fool! Lol! My MSN name is still Swish though.

Sat 23/06/01 at 18:16
Regular
"Hoo Har"
Yeah thats true Namo, I'm also runnig out of things to do topics about. I think that Tony should do a special topic for topic of the day on prime & chat!
Sat 23/06/01 at 18:19
Regular
The infamous console wars topics...

They were all just like this and is what drove some of the regulars to get sick of newbies which led to rankings and ratings and ultimately disallowance of Newbies to make topics in Prime.

I know that this is not your fault and that you didn't know and neither does any other newbie but this method means that you know more or less what and what not to do before you can make prime topics.

It might sound harsh but it has cut down on un wanted spam.
Sat 23/06/01 at 18:19
~~~Chicken~~~

Chu Chu Rocket wasn't a bad point! 150,000 people in Europe own it!

Keep it up Spider, you posts are becoming meaningful.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.