GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ouch!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/08/04 at 12:40
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
It's coming, only a month to go...

Burnout 3 is the most talked about Xbox game right now and it's set to be pure excellence.

Today I decided to play Project Gotham Racing 2 (PGR2) and I was determined to complete it (I only had to do the Ultimate section), it was bloody hard and I didnt complete it but I had some damn good fun trying!

I completed the first three 'Street Race' challenges but the fourth one was mad!

Okay, so i've got my beautiful black Enzo, I ram up the engine and feel the viration spreading through my viens. 1..2..3...and off I go, past all of the other cars, at this point I feel like the king of the castle but then I start to go out of control...

I started to swirve side wards and the opposition were getting closer, you'd think i've enough torture right now, wouldn't you?

But no, there Computer decides to be an irritating f**k and makes me do a 32634625465° causing the first three cars to va va voom right past me and the ast 2 to hit me.

Thanks.

:|

But although all of that sounded bad it was actualy really good fun, the races afterwards were awesome!

We were all over the place, it was so funny, I felt like I was playing on Live or something.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this hype for Burnout 3 is just starting to take effect on my mind and now I seem to be crashing everywhere and i'm so excited that i've asked my dad to take me down to the Car Drome to smash up his car with my Burnout-style driving.

:)
Sat 07/08/04 at 18:38
"Its Your Pleasure"
you guys need life insurance.
Sat 07/08/04 at 18:30
Regular
wow that controller looks cool. Sweaty palms do get quite annoying, especially while playing pgr2. Which by the way is amazing. Along side Halo its my most played game. I'm about 1/2 way through the ultimate series and loving it! By the way which difficulty are you playing on? I do most races on medium and sometimes hard. Platinum is untouchable to me! I agree that the enzo is abit wild. Try using the pagani zonda instead, its just as fast but alot more controllable I think. Also if you want to get better with the enzo, try playing around with it on the showroom test track thingy. Get used to its power. I notched up about 28 hours so far on pgr2. How about you?

To Ghost :P
Sat 07/08/04 at 13:10
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
[URL]http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?ProductCode=XB0831[/URL] - blows air out when your playing so it prevents sweaty hands.

^_^
Sat 07/08/04 at 13:07
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Might be, not sure to be honest.

You'd be best to phone up the Xbox Help service thing.

I saw this really nice controller in the Gameplay store, it's £26.99 but it's really good.

I'll go get a link...
Sat 07/08/04 at 13:06
Regular
Is there some sort of exchange offer from MS to allow me to exchange my controller for a Controller S?
Sat 07/08/04 at 13:00
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Cyclone wrote:
> Ultimate is eassssyy.

But crazy, when I completed the section before Ultimate I went back to do better on the 1st section's races so I was really used to the slow paced Mini's so when I used the Enzo I coul;dn't control it, i'll have another go later...
Sat 07/08/04 at 12:59
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Yeah, if GT4 is like that it should be excellent but I just dont like the idea of using such a small controller to play such a powerful game.

The Xbox S Controller is great for FPS games, Racing games, basically all powerful games.

Thats why the Cube's controller feels so cheap, youy just need it to move someone/thing around because most of their games are platforms or RPGs.

The PS2 controller is great, dont get me wrong, but the Xbox S controller is by far the best because it has a very structured set of buttons, the R and L button feel like they are part of the controller unlike the Cube's ones.

Everything wit the Xbox feels so solid and structured, even the Xbox Live service, it is actually a proper service unlike the Cube's onlinser vice and the PS2's service isn't very wonderful either.

When I first got my Xbox I felt like I had everything, there was no need to have to buy a memory card or anything, it was all built in and thats what make the Xbox my best Console out of the three.

Anyway, lets get back to the topic...

Can you get a Burnout Demo for the Xbox?
Sat 07/08/04 at 12:52
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Buy RSC2 off me.

PGR2 > all racers.

Ultimate is eassssyy.
Sat 07/08/04 at 12:51
Regular
PGR2 is amazing.

It's my most played game right now.

Gorgeous graphics, and amazing car physics, you can really feel the "pull" of the car when you take corners, and you can certainly feel what car handles better then the other.

Infact I might give it a whirl now.

- Burnout 3 does look pretty cool as well.
Sat 07/08/04 at 12:46
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Hmmm...might do someday, but not now.

I have other plans, I haven't even pre-ordered Burnout 3!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.