GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mario"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 07/08/04 at 20:37
Regular
"Mario No.1 Fan"
A good few years back, when I was still young, Mario ruled the gaming world. Sitting on his golden throne, having other game characters worship at his feet. The plump plumber from Italy had it all. The fame, the life, and most of all, the girl. You couldn't walk ten steps without hearing the name 'Mario' being mentioned, he was absolutly everywhere.

As time progressed, Mario was rapidly gaining popularity. Everyone loved him, all children wanted to be him. The Super Nintendo Entertainment System (or SNES, as most call it nowadays) now had a huge fanbase, and a hero to rely upon. Mario was a super-hero in every sense. He destroyed villians, ate mushrooms and rescued attractive women. He was, quite simply, a brilliant creation.

Next up was the Game Boy for our fat Italian friend. A lot of new characters were now fighting alongside Mario in the fight for peace. Many doubted Mario would still stand out, but they were wrong. The release of 'Super Mario Bros.' was the start of a revolution. Many today still think of it as the best game ever.

Everything was looking up for Nintendo, and it was obvious that Mario would appear in the Big N's next console. This was the amazing Nintendo 64, and Mario shined again. He was in 'Super Mario 64', an adventure where he alone had to save Princess Peach from the evil King Bowser. Many said that Mario couldn't be transfered into 3D gaming, but they were very badly wrong.

Mario had now survived for ages and ages, and it was obvious that he wouldn't go away. Nintendo took advantage of the public's love for him by producing the magnificent 'Mario Kart' and the equally classic 'Mario Tennis'. He was now a global icon and many, many more games were to follow. Mario Golf was another great game, eliminating any doubt at all about Mario not being able to preform in three-dimesional gaming.

Not long after, Nintendo brought out the GameCube. Another Mario game was due to come out not long after that date. He had now survived longer than Sonic the Hedgehod, one of his original rivals. He was certinally more popular and the Mario games in 3D were superior to the three-dimensional Sonic games. He had fought off all challengers and he was trying yet again, on a new console.

'Super Mario Sunshine' was released for GameCube, and it most definitely kept up the Mario tradition of being superb. It was addictive, colourful and most of all, thoroughly enjoyable. The characters had evolved and Mario was looking better than ever thanks to the extraordinary graphics. He had pulled it off yet again, another Mario game that will be remembered for years to come.

Looking back on Mario's amazing career, it is obvious that most platformers of today were strongly influenced by his heroics. Will he produce yet another fantastic game in years to come? I think so. He hasn't let us down so far and I don't think that he ever will. These are the reasons why Mario will always be remembered as a true gaming great.
Sat 14/08/04 at 18:28
Regular
"God bless video gam"
I would like Mario bros. games on GameCube because they're really enjoyable and with the graphics of the Cube they could be even more fun, but the other Mario games for the Cube are fun as well. Mario Tennis looks promising and I wonder if Paper Mario 2 will be any good and if it is like the Super Mario Bros. and Advance games.

Sorry for chaging the subject!
Fri 13/08/04 at 17:55
Regular
"wIeRd"
To be honest i didn't find Sunshine that good, i cant be bothered to go beyond my 60 shines! Ah well
Sun 08/08/04 at 00:48
Regular
I got all 120 shines no problem, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

Although the whole way the baddies were portrayed was far to childish and comical... I found the small bwhahahaha and text speak of Mario 64 far more effective.
Sat 07/08/04 at 22:14
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Just keep playing it, SAverage. Getting all 120 shines is supposed to be one hell of a biatch, and the boss is an anti-climax, but it is one of the best 3D experiences that''ll you'll have in this generation, clearly.
Sat 07/08/04 at 20:57
Regular
"Mario No.1 Fan"
Yeah, I agree. I still love Mario Sunshine though. I got to a new level today.
Sat 07/08/04 at 20:44
Regular
"tokyo police club"
According to most people, Super Mario Sunshine was a let down in the series. The problem lays with the fact that people had to wait so long between Mario 64 and Sunshine, and M64 was a fantastic game. By the time Sunshine was released, Mario 64 was already at uber-legendary status and people wanted a jump similar to that from SNES to 64.

Bah.
Sat 07/08/04 at 20:37
Regular
"Mario No.1 Fan"
A good few years back, when I was still young, Mario ruled the gaming world. Sitting on his golden throne, having other game characters worship at his feet. The plump plumber from Italy had it all. The fame, the life, and most of all, the girl. You couldn't walk ten steps without hearing the name 'Mario' being mentioned, he was absolutly everywhere.

As time progressed, Mario was rapidly gaining popularity. Everyone loved him, all children wanted to be him. The Super Nintendo Entertainment System (or SNES, as most call it nowadays) now had a huge fanbase, and a hero to rely upon. Mario was a super-hero in every sense. He destroyed villians, ate mushrooms and rescued attractive women. He was, quite simply, a brilliant creation.

Next up was the Game Boy for our fat Italian friend. A lot of new characters were now fighting alongside Mario in the fight for peace. Many doubted Mario would still stand out, but they were wrong. The release of 'Super Mario Bros.' was the start of a revolution. Many today still think of it as the best game ever.

Everything was looking up for Nintendo, and it was obvious that Mario would appear in the Big N's next console. This was the amazing Nintendo 64, and Mario shined again. He was in 'Super Mario 64', an adventure where he alone had to save Princess Peach from the evil King Bowser. Many said that Mario couldn't be transfered into 3D gaming, but they were very badly wrong.

Mario had now survived for ages and ages, and it was obvious that he wouldn't go away. Nintendo took advantage of the public's love for him by producing the magnificent 'Mario Kart' and the equally classic 'Mario Tennis'. He was now a global icon and many, many more games were to follow. Mario Golf was another great game, eliminating any doubt at all about Mario not being able to preform in three-dimesional gaming.

Not long after, Nintendo brought out the GameCube. Another Mario game was due to come out not long after that date. He had now survived longer than Sonic the Hedgehod, one of his original rivals. He was certinally more popular and the Mario games in 3D were superior to the three-dimensional Sonic games. He had fought off all challengers and he was trying yet again, on a new console.

'Super Mario Sunshine' was released for GameCube, and it most definitely kept up the Mario tradition of being superb. It was addictive, colourful and most of all, thoroughly enjoyable. The characters had evolved and Mario was looking better than ever thanks to the extraordinary graphics. He had pulled it off yet again, another Mario game that will be remembered for years to come.

Looking back on Mario's amazing career, it is obvious that most platformers of today were strongly influenced by his heroics. Will he produce yet another fantastic game in years to come? I think so. He hasn't let us down so far and I don't think that he ever will. These are the reasons why Mario will always be remembered as a true gaming great.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.