GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Upcoming games of interest."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Halo 2'.
Sun 08/08/04 at 17:44
Regular
Seeing as I have been away from the realms of the Xbox for over a year, my knowledge of upcoming games to the console is quite sparse. So, recently, I've been doing my research into games that I, and everyone else should be looking forward to in the future. Now before I start, no, I'm not going on about Halo 2, Fable and Outrun 2; because that'll be too obvious, and people are already sick of the numerous "HALLO 2 iz going to b well gudddd!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111" type of posts.

No, In here I have decided to mention a few upcoming games that have caught my eye over the past week or so, that might prove to be of some interest to you people. Now, I may have different tastes to what you have, but some of these games look like they are going to be real gems in my book, lets just hope they turn out as good as they sound I guess.

First off, I give you a history lesson on the wonderful world of Oddworld. Those of you who owned a Playstation will understand what I'm going to talk about here; two fantastic games that follow the adventures of Abe, who helped save the Mudoken race from becoming extinct. These we're absolutely superb games, and we're, to put it bluntly, odd.

I was even happier when I found out the next title in the Oddworld series was heading for the Xbox, Munch's Oddysee. It was good, but it just didn't seem to herald that oddworld charm that you would of liked to of seen, but it was good. Good enough for a launch title anyway. If anyone hasn't played this yet, I'm pretty sure you can get it on budget.

Anyway, after Munch's antics, we haven't really heard much else from the developer: Oddworld Inhabitants, so I decided to take a peek on what they are up to, and to my joy, they are developing another game set in the world of Oddworld, and although details are sketchy, it still looks like it's going to be pretty cool seeing the mad world of Oddworld again. It comes by the simple name of: -

Stranger

Taken from teamxbox.com

Developed by Oddworld Inhabitants, Oddworld Stranger features detailed interactive environments set in an enthralling new frontier of the Oddworld universe. Players step into the role of the Stranger, a rough and tumble bounty hunter who tracks down outlaws for moolah. Using a special weapons system that gives a whole new meaning to "live" ammo, players will encounter deviant species and hostile challenges along the way. Oddworld Stranger combines first and third-person gameplay with familiar Oddworld elements and an all-new engine to deliver a unique gameplay experience. Set to award-winning visuals, players will be moved by the complex and inspiring story as the Stranger comes to grips with his true nature in the hunt for the ultimate bounty.

Sounds cool? Check the preview: [URL]http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox/821/Oddworld-Stranger/p1[/URL]

Now if you love strange and quirky games, I'm pretty confident you'll enjoy this title, it looks cool, and I certainly can't wait for it to come out. Imagine being able to explore the world of Oddworld, in previous games you had to follow a path, this seems more open ended. Sounds amazing if you ask me.

Secondly on my list of games is something even more quirky in a Nintendo sort of way, it comes by the name of: -

Scrapland

Sounds like a generic Discovery Channel Destruction Derby with Scrap type game doesn't it? Well you are entirely wrong, this game is set in the world of, wait for it, scrapland (how imaginative) which is basically sculpted out of, wait for it, scrap. But the game sounds cool, you follow the adventures of D-Tritus, a robot made out of, wait for it, scrap. Sounds pretty generic? Yes, but this is where the next bit comes in, as I quote from a well known magazine: -

“Scrapland is a third person action adventure title that places players in the role of D-Tritus, a robot assembled from scrap in the city of Chimera, it will be a free-roaming game with RPG and combat elements”

The concept of free-roaming makes it sound pretty decent I guess, Check some of the screen shots: [URL]http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/6459/Scrapland-New-Screenshots[/URL]

If thats not enough to wet your appetite, then I'm sure many of you will be excited to hear of a new Blinx game coming to the console, the first received mixed reviews from the gaming public, who thought it'd a “mario rip off” which it clearly wasn't meant to be. Anyway, this new one sounds awesome, by giving Blinx the ability to take advantage of space bending facility's such as portals and wormholes.

I suggest you give these games a look over, after the excitement of the “major hits” anyway.
Thu 12/08/04 at 15:46
Regular

Ignored/Reported.
Wed 11/08/04 at 21:52
Regular
"cheeki"
just to let you all know, the user 'cubemad' is gay and a puff like marco of big bruver
Wed 11/08/04 at 19:39
Regular
Any other Abe fans in here?
Mon 09/08/04 at 13:46
Regular
You could just use google and check out the previews and stuff?
Sun 08/08/04 at 19:28
Regular
"ProGolfer"
Ah, may be going against your post which was intersting and informative but do you know any real good stuff about Fable? I mean when is it coming out? What is the actual idea of the game?
Sun 08/08/04 at 17:44
Regular
Seeing as I have been away from the realms of the Xbox for over a year, my knowledge of upcoming games to the console is quite sparse. So, recently, I've been doing my research into games that I, and everyone else should be looking forward to in the future. Now before I start, no, I'm not going on about Halo 2, Fable and Outrun 2; because that'll be too obvious, and people are already sick of the numerous "HALLO 2 iz going to b well gudddd!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111" type of posts.

No, In here I have decided to mention a few upcoming games that have caught my eye over the past week or so, that might prove to be of some interest to you people. Now, I may have different tastes to what you have, but some of these games look like they are going to be real gems in my book, lets just hope they turn out as good as they sound I guess.

First off, I give you a history lesson on the wonderful world of Oddworld. Those of you who owned a Playstation will understand what I'm going to talk about here; two fantastic games that follow the adventures of Abe, who helped save the Mudoken race from becoming extinct. These we're absolutely superb games, and we're, to put it bluntly, odd.

I was even happier when I found out the next title in the Oddworld series was heading for the Xbox, Munch's Oddysee. It was good, but it just didn't seem to herald that oddworld charm that you would of liked to of seen, but it was good. Good enough for a launch title anyway. If anyone hasn't played this yet, I'm pretty sure you can get it on budget.

Anyway, after Munch's antics, we haven't really heard much else from the developer: Oddworld Inhabitants, so I decided to take a peek on what they are up to, and to my joy, they are developing another game set in the world of Oddworld, and although details are sketchy, it still looks like it's going to be pretty cool seeing the mad world of Oddworld again. It comes by the simple name of: -

Stranger

Taken from teamxbox.com

Developed by Oddworld Inhabitants, Oddworld Stranger features detailed interactive environments set in an enthralling new frontier of the Oddworld universe. Players step into the role of the Stranger, a rough and tumble bounty hunter who tracks down outlaws for moolah. Using a special weapons system that gives a whole new meaning to "live" ammo, players will encounter deviant species and hostile challenges along the way. Oddworld Stranger combines first and third-person gameplay with familiar Oddworld elements and an all-new engine to deliver a unique gameplay experience. Set to award-winning visuals, players will be moved by the complex and inspiring story as the Stranger comes to grips with his true nature in the hunt for the ultimate bounty.

Sounds cool? Check the preview: [URL]http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox/821/Oddworld-Stranger/p1[/URL]

Now if you love strange and quirky games, I'm pretty confident you'll enjoy this title, it looks cool, and I certainly can't wait for it to come out. Imagine being able to explore the world of Oddworld, in previous games you had to follow a path, this seems more open ended. Sounds amazing if you ask me.

Secondly on my list of games is something even more quirky in a Nintendo sort of way, it comes by the name of: -

Scrapland

Sounds like a generic Discovery Channel Destruction Derby with Scrap type game doesn't it? Well you are entirely wrong, this game is set in the world of, wait for it, scrapland (how imaginative) which is basically sculpted out of, wait for it, scrap. But the game sounds cool, you follow the adventures of D-Tritus, a robot made out of, wait for it, scrap. Sounds pretty generic? Yes, but this is where the next bit comes in, as I quote from a well known magazine: -

“Scrapland is a third person action adventure title that places players in the role of D-Tritus, a robot assembled from scrap in the city of Chimera, it will be a free-roaming game with RPG and combat elements”

The concept of free-roaming makes it sound pretty decent I guess, Check some of the screen shots: [URL]http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/6459/Scrapland-New-Screenshots[/URL]

If thats not enough to wet your appetite, then I'm sure many of you will be excited to hear of a new Blinx game coming to the console, the first received mixed reviews from the gaming public, who thought it'd a “mario rip off” which it clearly wasn't meant to be. Anyway, this new one sounds awesome, by giving Blinx the ability to take advantage of space bending facility's such as portals and wormholes.

I suggest you give these games a look over, after the excitement of the “major hits” anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.