GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"true or false?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 09/08/04 at 10:52
Regular
"no nonsense"
i was on xbox live last nite and sum1 joined the game and his name was Dial Up. he sed his connection was dial-up and tht u cud now play online with a dial up connection.

i ddn't believe him but can any1 tell me for sure tht he is wrong becoz alot of my friends want xbox live and cant get it becoz broadband isnt available in their area
Tue 10/08/04 at 16:15
Regular
"diablo"
Yeah you can use dial-up, but if it didn't cause severe lag for everyone playing the game, then i doubt he was using dial-up
Mon 09/08/04 at 21:42
Regular
"Selected"
i went onto xbox live and hacked into government files and changed tony blairs name to idiot and i don't even have xbox live beat that
Mon 09/08/04 at 19:40
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
ßora† §agdiyeV wrote:
> I went online, and someones gamertag was 'from mars'. he said he was
> from another planet in the solar system, and that he was playing via
> a very long cable that linked the two planets. Has anyone else heard
> anything about this? :P

You've been lied to, he's obviously using burst transmission satellite broadband piggybacked off Mars Express.
Mon 09/08/04 at 17:26
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
No. But I have heard of the mole who plays Xbox Live in his home underground.

Quite a friendly guy...
Mon 09/08/04 at 17:21
Regular
I went online, and someones gamertag was 'from mars'. he said he was from another planet in the solar system, and that he was playing via a very long cable that linked the two planets. Has anyone else heard anything about this? :P
Mon 09/08/04 at 13:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The only thing i can think of which sounds remotely similar is On Speed, it uses a form of compression to speed up internet surfing but is no good for online gaming.
Mon 09/08/04 at 10:58
Regular
there was something in the guardian/independant recently about a dial-up isp being able to offer broadband speeds. apparantly the service isnt available yet but will be available around october. obviously though, they think it is nonsense. dont know if that is connected to what your saying but thought i'd let you know
Mon 09/08/04 at 10:52
Regular
"no nonsense"
i was on xbox live last nite and sum1 joined the game and his name was Dial Up. he sed his connection was dial-up and tht u cud now play online with a dial up connection.

i ddn't believe him but can any1 tell me for sure tht he is wrong becoz alot of my friends want xbox live and cant get it becoz broadband isnt available in their area

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.