GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 or DOLphin"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 16/04/00 at 20:01
Regular
Ask any PSX owner what they will be getting?? PS2 of course.
Ask any N64 owner what they will be getting?? Dolphin of Course.

Any playstation or N64 owner will try to support their console in the next generation, but what about the X-Box who will buy that?? The P.c Owners? The Dreamcast owners, or mabye just the PSX and N64 owners. Thats the problem everyone forgets about the x-box. Consoles these days are just as good as the pcs- you can go on the internet, play decent games, i think that the next gen will be ran by computers and microsoft, nintendo and sony should all just work together and put a console together that everyone would want to buy.
Sun 16/04/00 at 20:01

Any playstation or N64 owner will try to support their console in the next generation, but what about the X-Box who will buy that?? The P.c Owners? The Dreamcast owners, or mabye just the PSX and N64 owners. Thats the problem everyone forgets about the x-box. Consoles these days are just as good as the pcs- you can go on the internet, play decent games, i think that the next gen will be ran by computers and microsoft, nintendo and sony should all just work together and put a console together that everyone would want to buy.
Sun 16/04/00 at 22:43
You are wrong here. I know lots of N64 owners who are going to buy a PS2. Mostly because the Dolphin is coming out later. Also, you think they should all work together right? The NinSony PlayDolphin? There will be so many arguments about games and rights and privileges, it's not going to happen, also, they'll have to share the money they earn. The aim off all console makers is to make an unbeatable console, where they will get all the praise, and they will get all the money. No offence, but I don't think there's much chance of that happening. But it wouldn't be bad, would it?
Bob wrote:

Any playstation or N64 owner will try to support their console in
the next generation, but what about the X-Box who will buy that??
The P.c Owners? The Dreamcast owners, or mabye just the PSX and
N64 owners. Thats the problem everyone forgets about the x-box.
Consoles these days are just as good as the pcs- you can go on the
internet, play decent games, i think that the next gen will be ran
by computers and microsoft, nintendo and sony should all just work
together and put a console together that everyone would want to buy.
Thu 04/05/00 at 21:39
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
without a competetive market there would be no change in the consoles, if there was just one company they wouldn't really have to improve it every three years they would know that they had a huge amount of customers that would pay hundreds of pounds or dollars for the next console on the shelves!!
Whereas if there is competion there is always new technology new games new hardware and cheaper prices which the companies use to bring the customers flocking in!
When the psx first came out it was just under £400!! thats alot of money, now the N64 had to compete with this being just under a year late onto the market so they started off at £200 and dropped to £100 in a matter of months. Competition makes half the fun, when you go to a mates house and he has another console to you, it makes a change, which is what the modern people need!!
CHEAP, EXCITING, ENTERTAINMENT, with lots of variety!!
Sat 05/08/00 at 20:49
I agree with your discussion about PS2 & DOLphin, I will be supporting PS2 as I am a PSX owner. Even though we are steadily advancing into the computer generation even further, I still believe that we shall always keep control of what we create. I do however think, computers are and always will be smarter than humans. As we advance further into this millenium computers will be able to mime human actions.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.