GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Blink 182"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/06/01 at 22:12
Regular
Probably my favourite band. They've now released 5 albums. Chesire Cat, Buddha, Dude Ranch, Enema of the State and Take Off Your Pants and Jacket.

Their first album, Chesire Cat was probably their worst. The actual music was really good but the singing is appalling. The voices of Mark (Hoppus) and Tom (DeLonge) haven't developed yet.

Buddha - A great album, Mark and Tom's singing has come along quite a bit but it's still not perfect. Their are some great songs on here, Buddha itself is superb.

Dude Ranch - This was their best album yet (then?) Mark and Tom have perfected their voices and the singing and instruments go along perfectly. It's a great album and definitely worth buying if you ever see it (which I doubt you will) Songs to note - Dicklips, absolutely awesome song.

Enema Of the State - Undoubtadly their best album ever. They finally got rid of their drummer and brought in Travis Barker. This is definitely in my all time favourites, it's up there with the Manics and Linkin' Park. Travis mixes perfectly with Mark and Tom and they pull out some storming songs. Songs to note - Dumpweed, Aliens Exist, What's My Age Again? Dysentry Gary, Adam's Song, All the Small Things, The Party Song and Mutt. Prettyu much the whole album. There are no bad songs on this one but the one's above REALLY stand out. It's cheap, it's great GO GET IT!

Take Off Your Pants and Jacket - Released 10 days ago. It's good album, not great but definitely worth a listen. They're really starting to pull out great songs. There are probably 3 classics on this. Quite a few of the songs on here are jokey but there are some serious ones as well, like Anthem Part 2 and Stay Together For the Kids. Songs to note - Anthem Part 2, First Date, Rock Show, Stay Together For the Kids, Reckless Abandon, Give me One Good Reason, Shut Up, Please Take Me Home and What Went Wrong. For pure comedy value, number 16 is a great listen. A good album that is well worth your money.

Blink 182 are a great band and I love them. If you only get one of their albums though, make it Enema of the State becuase it truly is pure class. It's brimming with great songs, nice tunes and awesome lyrics. If you want something a little more melodic then go for Take Off Your Pants and Jacket. There are some really NICE songs in there. Either way you can't lose.

RBS
Tue 26/06/01 at 10:28
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
My girlfriend is really into em', I can't stand em' personally, but each to their own as I say.

I heard they're not all that live though, since they don't tune up before they play, they obviously think they're *too* punk.

./Steve
Mon 25/06/01 at 21:37
Regular
"You've upset me"
Happy wrote:
> I LOVE Blink 182. Who has got their home video, i recommend it if
> your a big a fan as me.

Trust, I'm the biggest Blink fan you'll ever find :-D
Mon 25/06/01 at 21:36
Regular
"You've upset me"
Quite funny? It's bloody hilarious!
Mon 25/06/01 at 21:01
Yeah,there OK there new vid is quite funny.
Mon 25/06/01 at 20:49
I LOVE Blink 182. Who has got their home video, i recommend it if your a big a fan as me.
Sun 24/06/01 at 11:44
Regular
"You've upset me"
Liman69 wrote:
> Blink 182 are pretty good, but the live album was the best in my
> opinion (The Mark, Tom and Travis Show) coz u got to hear Blink 182
> live without having to go stateside!!!

Yeah their live album was pretty cool... I was at that concert!
Sat 23/06/01 at 23:04
Blink 182 are pretty good, but the live album was the best in my opinion (The Mark, Tom and Travis Show) coz u got to hear Blink 182 live without having to go stateside!!!
Fri 22/06/01 at 22:30
Regular
"WWJD"
Yeh Blink182 ROCKS! i play the guitar ive got a Electric guitar its white and ive got a amplifer i want to make up a band cuz i can play guitar and sing and i need a drumer and another guitarist ive wrote some songs aswell do play any instruments?
Fri 22/06/01 at 22:12
Regular
"You've upset me"
Probably my favourite band. They've now released 5 albums. Chesire Cat, Buddha, Dude Ranch, Enema of the State and Take Off Your Pants and Jacket.

Their first album, Chesire Cat was probably their worst. The actual music was really good but the singing is appalling. The voices of Mark (Hoppus) and Tom (DeLonge) haven't developed yet.

Buddha - A great album, Mark and Tom's singing has come along quite a bit but it's still not perfect. Their are some great songs on here, Buddha itself is superb.

Dude Ranch - This was their best album yet (then?) Mark and Tom have perfected their voices and the singing and instruments go along perfectly. It's a great album and definitely worth buying if you ever see it (which I doubt you will) Songs to note - Dicklips, absolutely awesome song.

Enema Of the State - Undoubtadly their best album ever. They finally got rid of their drummer and brought in Travis Barker. This is definitely in my all time favourites, it's up there with the Manics and Linkin' Park. Travis mixes perfectly with Mark and Tom and they pull out some storming songs. Songs to note - Dumpweed, Aliens Exist, What's My Age Again? Dysentry Gary, Adam's Song, All the Small Things, The Party Song and Mutt. Prettyu much the whole album. There are no bad songs on this one but the one's above REALLY stand out. It's cheap, it's great GO GET IT!

Take Off Your Pants and Jacket - Released 10 days ago. It's good album, not great but definitely worth a listen. They're really starting to pull out great songs. There are probably 3 classics on this. Quite a few of the songs on here are jokey but there are some serious ones as well, like Anthem Part 2 and Stay Together For the Kids. Songs to note - Anthem Part 2, First Date, Rock Show, Stay Together For the Kids, Reckless Abandon, Give me One Good Reason, Shut Up, Please Take Me Home and What Went Wrong. For pure comedy value, number 16 is a great listen. A good album that is well worth your money.

Blink 182 are a great band and I love them. If you only get one of their albums though, make it Enema of the State becuase it truly is pure class. It's brimming with great songs, nice tunes and awesome lyrics. If you want something a little more melodic then go for Take Off Your Pants and Jacket. There are some really NICE songs in there. Either way you can't lose.

RBS

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.