GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SONIC ADVENTURE 2, THE REPORT!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/06/01 at 19:31
Regular
Yes people, I have extensively played Sonic Adventure 2 having received the game yesterday morning. I can safely assume this was an EXCLUSIVE gaming test and it reached me early due to my overall love for Sonic games. Yes, Happy Birthday dude.

Anyway, onto the game. Firstly, I'd like to say it looks FANTASTIC! Miles better than the demo, now running at a solid 60 fps on all levels. The textures are super-high-resolution and the animation is fantastic. The characters move around more realistically in the cut scenes with their arms moving around and stuff.

The script is actually very good with some gags in there and a fairly nice, action packed storyline. I don't want to give it away but the journey up to the ARK colony is especially comical.

The action levels are bloody fast too, much faster than those in the original and consequently, much harder. The game as a whole is generally more difficult than the original but when it plays and looks this good then there's no problem! Levels to look out for are Shadow's Radical Highway, Knuckle's Meteor Herd and Sonic's Metal Harbor.

Overall, Sonic is a visually astounding, fantastically sounding and brilliantly playable platform romp. Buy it now and play that on Saturday night instead of going to the weekly shindig!
Fri 22/06/01 at 19:31
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Yes people, I have extensively played Sonic Adventure 2 having received the game yesterday morning. I can safely assume this was an EXCLUSIVE gaming test and it reached me early due to my overall love for Sonic games. Yes, Happy Birthday dude.

Anyway, onto the game. Firstly, I'd like to say it looks FANTASTIC! Miles better than the demo, now running at a solid 60 fps on all levels. The textures are super-high-resolution and the animation is fantastic. The characters move around more realistically in the cut scenes with their arms moving around and stuff.

The script is actually very good with some gags in there and a fairly nice, action packed storyline. I don't want to give it away but the journey up to the ARK colony is especially comical.

The action levels are bloody fast too, much faster than those in the original and consequently, much harder. The game as a whole is generally more difficult than the original but when it plays and looks this good then there's no problem! Levels to look out for are Shadow's Radical Highway, Knuckle's Meteor Herd and Sonic's Metal Harbor.

Overall, Sonic is a visually astounding, fantastically sounding and brilliantly playable platform romp. Buy it now and play that on Saturday night instead of going to the weekly shindig!
Fri 22/06/01 at 19:37
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
Oh yeah and in my opinion, I think that Sonic Adventure 2 is the best looking game ever released on any format. I have been impressed in the past but bloody hell, this is unbelievable. Especially the Green Forest level which features trees and leaves everywhere. All at a super smooth 60 fps. This will be hard to beat.
Fri 22/06/01 at 19:37
Regular
"Whatever!"
It does look amazing - Im going to try and pick up a copy next week!! Is it that much better than the original, cause I thought that was pretty awesome!!
Fri 22/06/01 at 19:38
Regular
"TheCoolNerd on Live"
mattyboy wrote:
> It does look amazing - Im going to try and pick up a copy next
> week!! Is it that much better than the original, cause I thought
> that was pretty awesome!!

It looks miles better than the original in every way. Do buy it, you won't be disappointed!
Fri 22/06/01 at 19:39
IT is longer and has more featureS!
Sat 23/06/01 at 15:16
Regular
"accidental superher"
yeah it looks wicked....i'm gonna get a copy of it soon :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.