GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mummy Returns - Rants"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/06/01 at 18:11
Regular
rant number 1)
How did the people in the first battle work out who was on whos side? Didn't they get confused?

rant number 2)
when the Rock's side lost how come some were still alive shouldn't they have been killed?

rant number 3)
they are seen torching scarabs with flamethrowers - were these invented then because I thought they were made for world war 2

rant number 4)
Where were the crocodiles in the river Nile?

rant number 5)
Why was Jonathan so good with a rifle and didn't this ruin the fun for all the bad guys.. proof that sniper rifles ruin everyones fun.

rant number 6)
The Mummy Returns uses a quality "Spear Time" technology. This takes you to the speed of spears :) (cough bullet time)

rant number 7)
The battle at the end involved the mummy, Fraser and the Rock. Why when the Rock entered the battle arena didn't he shout "CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING!" and why didn't Triple H follow.. I thought he got involved in all of the Rock's fights. And where were the clotheslines and jumps from the turnpickle?

rant number 8)
Great film - I recommend seeing it.
Mon 25/06/01 at 09:35
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Irony.

I like it.

America. We are the greatest nation on earth...er..except for having the highest rate of illiteracy in the developed world.

And a hairless Ape as the leader.

Morons.
Absolute morons.

(Any Americans are welcome to try and defend themselves without the use of chemical weapons)
Mon 25/06/01 at 09:29
"The pen is mightier"
Goatboy wrote:
> Bonus wrote:
> You didn't go to see Independence Day at the
> cinema did you??

I watched it in The States, and the audience
> stood and applauded at Pullman's speech before they attacked.

It
> was at this point that I lost faith in mainstream Hollywood and the
> mentality of the supposed greatest nation on earth.

I'm not
> allowed to the cinema that often unless I'm in restraints, a la
> Hannibal.

However, stick some subtitles in and make it about the
> loss of humanity or something and I'll love it.

Shallow?
Moi?

PLEEZZ!!! Don`t mock this great nation that saves the world countless times over!!!

(BorgDrone furiously waving his Stars`n`stripes flag whilst fending off alien invasion, third world war, government conspiracy, the mafia, Drug barons, L.A. police, large asteroids and natural elements like twisters and earthquakes!!!)
Mon 25/06/01 at 09:00
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Bonus wrote:
> You didn't go to see Independence Day at the cinema did you??

I watched it in The States, and the audience stood and applauded at Pullman's speech before they attacked.

It was at this point that I lost faith in mainstream Hollywood and the mentality of the supposed greatest nation on earth.

I'm not allowed to the cinema that often unless I'm in restraints, a la Hannibal.

However, stick some subtitles in and make it about the loss of humanity or something and I'll love it.

Shallow?
Moi?
Sun 24/06/01 at 22:09
Regular
"WWJD"
Rakuga wrote:
> rant number 1)
How did the people in the first battle work out who
> was on whos side? Didn't they get confused?-they where skilled warriors so they new
rant number 2)
when
> the Rock's side lost how come some were still alive shouldn't they
> have been killed?-no cuz they where discrased by being out into the desert

rant number 3)
they are seen torching scarabs
> with flamethrowers - were these invented then because I thought they
> were made for world war 2-when they torched the scarabs it was in modern day time now DERH! and we have flame throwers

rant number 4)
Where were the
> crocodiles in the river Nile?-cuz they where under the water

rant number 5)
Why was Jonathan so
> good with a rifle and didn't this ruin the fun for all the bad
> guys.. proof that sniper rifles ruin everyones fun.-he was good cuz he was a fox and hound bloke and he won trophies for it so he was good with a rifle DERH it told u

rant number
> 6)
The Mummy Returns uses a quality "Spear Time"
> technology. This takes you to the speed of spears :) (cough bullet
> time)

rant number 7)
The battle at the end involved the mummy,
> Fraser and the Rock. Why when the Rock entered the battle arena
> didn't he shout "CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKING!"
> and why didn't Triple H follow.. I thought he got involved in all of
> the Rock's fights. And where were the clotheslines and jumps from
> the turnpickle?-cuz it wasnt wrestling and cuz he was a giant scorpian and when the first battle happened when they collided he did do a clothes line

rant number 8)
Great film - I recommend seeing
> it. i think your abit dumb your to bright are u
Sun 24/06/01 at 15:48
Regular
You didn't go to see Independence Day at the cinema did you??
Sun 24/06/01 at 13:04
"The pen is mightier"
Was it me, or was The Mummy Returns a very loud movie... i mean loud as in "ear-splitting over the top headache inducing" loud.

And speak up if you reply to this, i`m tone deaf now....
Sun 24/06/01 at 11:33
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
SShhhh....dont tell EVERYONE for chrissakes
Sun 24/06/01 at 10:19
Regular
"Fear my wrath..."
Goatboy wrote:
But I would
> rather watch old people make out for an hour than watch ANYTHING
> like this again.

Goatboy you once told me you were into this stuff. ;-)
Sat 23/06/01 at 21:42
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I wont repeat my bile and hatred for this stink-loaf of a movie.

I went because the Missus thinks The Rock is...a fine specimen of maleness. (hey, I dont get it either)

But I would rather watch old people make out for an hour than watch ANYTHING like this again.

Dreadful, dreadful tosh.
Sat 23/06/01 at 14:41
No, sorry... just... no.

That film was the pits. I was forced to go and see it, and it made me cringe all the way through. Everything from the cheap computer animations to the cheesey little kid and his cocky one-liners.

I'll tell you what made me laugh though. The Rock. Just seeing him there made me chuckle and I kept expecting him to come out with one of his catchphrases at any minute; he just seemed so out of place, with that 'I'm-big-dumb-angry' expression on his face, heh.

But I guess it's harmless enough, I just shouldn't have gone to see it if I knew I wasn't going to enjoy it ;P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.