GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Assassin’s Creed 2 – Tweaks and Improvements!"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Assassin's Creed 2'.
Fri 13/11/09 at 08:11
Regular
"THFC"
While Ubisoft created a very unique game in Assassin’s Creed, the original did not exactly exceed all expectations and did become tedious after doing very similar missions time after time. There was also the annoyance that there was a lot of slow moving game play to get the details of the next mission you would undertake.

While the story was interesting and most people enjoyed being able to run about on roof tops, silently take down enemies, hide among civilians and dive from great heights into a small bale of hay (even if someone was looking at you or standing next to it). So Assassin’s Creed 2 has been eagerly awaited with some big improvements announced and some inspiring plot ideas!

The plot has recently been confirmed that you will assume the role of a nobleman who turns into an Assassin, who goes by the name Ezio. It has been discussed and rumoured that the game will heavily revolve around revenge. Something along the lines of family members getting killed and you avenging them. Ezio is a descendant of the first game’s Altair. They look and dress very similar and early on many people mistook the new character for Altair. But the above is all confirmed and makes for an exciting game with another involved plot.
The game is set around 300 years after the first game and is during the 16th century. You will find yourself in areas such as Rome, Venice and Florence, with a rather famous character helping you on your way with some brand new gadgets, Leonardo da Vinci plays a bit role in the game as a friend of Ezio and inventor.

So the plot all looks great and we would expect nothing less after the first game, but what are the game play changes that will make this the 9/10 game it should be, or even 10/10!!

The combat has been improved, and where in the first you had your sword and your wits to defend yourself and beat off oncoming enemies. Now you can fight with an array of weapons and in several ways. You can use Pikes for further reach and you can even sweep people off their feet, making for an easy kill on floored victims! You can go bare hands against your foes and play dirty by throwing dirt in their eyes, but your never without weapons, you have hidden blades that act as assassination tools at your disposal.

Recent footage has also shown off a new flying device which you can use, to gain access to new places to make your next kill, using smoke to reach new heights, Ezio can glide about and even take out patrol guards whilst using this new gadget.

Whilst researching the game I learnt about some key new features that will greatly improve things, a nice little feature I read about was; in the first game you could pick-pocket people in the streets, now you can be subject to this, if you notice someone stealing from you, you can take chase to reclaim your goods. The overall mission flow is much more free and the time of day will affect what you can do mission wise and who is about. So Ubisoft really have improved on every level for this game and I am sure it will pay off big!

It is small touches like this that have been added to make the game play varied, which was the biggest criticism of the first game. We all know the graphics looks great and there is a unique feel to the game, but it is good to see that the developers have seen the mistakes from the first and listened to the fans to improve the sequel. I for one am excited about the game and getting to play with all this new features I have spoken about. It should end the year nicely with an in-depth adventure game with a great plot to boot.

With other huge games out this month and in December, some games will be neglected but I would strongly urge anyone who is looking for a new game to give this their consideration, while I may not grab it at launch it will be a game I pick up as soon as i can give it my full attention!
There have been no replies to this thread yet.
Fri 13/11/09 at 08:11
Regular
"THFC"
While Ubisoft created a very unique game in Assassin’s Creed, the original did not exactly exceed all expectations and did become tedious after doing very similar missions time after time. There was also the annoyance that there was a lot of slow moving game play to get the details of the next mission you would undertake.

While the story was interesting and most people enjoyed being able to run about on roof tops, silently take down enemies, hide among civilians and dive from great heights into a small bale of hay (even if someone was looking at you or standing next to it). So Assassin’s Creed 2 has been eagerly awaited with some big improvements announced and some inspiring plot ideas!

The plot has recently been confirmed that you will assume the role of a nobleman who turns into an Assassin, who goes by the name Ezio. It has been discussed and rumoured that the game will heavily revolve around revenge. Something along the lines of family members getting killed and you avenging them. Ezio is a descendant of the first game’s Altair. They look and dress very similar and early on many people mistook the new character for Altair. But the above is all confirmed and makes for an exciting game with another involved plot.
The game is set around 300 years after the first game and is during the 16th century. You will find yourself in areas such as Rome, Venice and Florence, with a rather famous character helping you on your way with some brand new gadgets, Leonardo da Vinci plays a bit role in the game as a friend of Ezio and inventor.

So the plot all looks great and we would expect nothing less after the first game, but what are the game play changes that will make this the 9/10 game it should be, or even 10/10!!

The combat has been improved, and where in the first you had your sword and your wits to defend yourself and beat off oncoming enemies. Now you can fight with an array of weapons and in several ways. You can use Pikes for further reach and you can even sweep people off their feet, making for an easy kill on floored victims! You can go bare hands against your foes and play dirty by throwing dirt in their eyes, but your never without weapons, you have hidden blades that act as assassination tools at your disposal.

Recent footage has also shown off a new flying device which you can use, to gain access to new places to make your next kill, using smoke to reach new heights, Ezio can glide about and even take out patrol guards whilst using this new gadget.

Whilst researching the game I learnt about some key new features that will greatly improve things, a nice little feature I read about was; in the first game you could pick-pocket people in the streets, now you can be subject to this, if you notice someone stealing from you, you can take chase to reclaim your goods. The overall mission flow is much more free and the time of day will affect what you can do mission wise and who is about. So Ubisoft really have improved on every level for this game and I am sure it will pay off big!

It is small touches like this that have been added to make the game play varied, which was the biggest criticism of the first game. We all know the graphics looks great and there is a unique feel to the game, but it is good to see that the developers have seen the mistakes from the first and listened to the fans to improve the sequel. I for one am excited about the game and getting to play with all this new features I have spoken about. It should end the year nicely with an in-depth adventure game with a great plot to boot.

With other huge games out this month and in December, some games will be neglected but I would strongly urge anyone who is looking for a new game to give this their consideration, while I may not grab it at launch it will be a game I pick up as soon as i can give it my full attention!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.