GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sega Game Gear"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/08/04 at 14:07
"I love yo... lamp."
Well I bought one for $25 last week. There were no games to test it, so it was a bit risky, but I figure the shop wouldn't have taken it if it didn't work in the first place.

So my question is, what games to look out for? And does anyone have any they want to shift? I'd possibly be interested.
Fri 19/11/04 at 18:53
Regular
Look on Ebay you can get a TV tuner there for £10 and games for it.
Mon 15/11/04 at 16:45
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
The ones I still play are:

Crystal Chronicals - Stratagy RPG based on elements
Defenders of Oasis - Traditional style RPG
Ax Battler: Legend of Golden Axe - RPG/Platform hybrid
Dragon Crystal - Hack and slash/RPG
Donald Duck:Lucky Dime Caper - Platformer
Sonic the Hedgehog (Quite a few Sonic games came out, but this was best)
Popils - Puzzle
Woody Pop - Breakout type game

There were supposed to be some good games from the US too, and there is no region coding so have a look at ebay.
Mon 15/11/04 at 15:24
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I got Prince of Persia for my 13th b-day all those years ago. That was quite a good conversion for the old machine.

I see GameGears appear in our local G-Station and they have quite a few games to buy to, you got one near you?

:)
Sat 25/09/04 at 17:11
Regular
"Braaains"
It's good as long as you play it from the mains. I tried one but put it on E-Bay as soon as I realized how rubbish the battery life was - four hours if you're lucky.
Sun 05/09/04 at 00:17
"I love yo... lamp."
Also now got Out Run and Star Trek Generations.

I love this thing.

Nobody got any games they want to flog?
Tue 17/08/04 at 15:51
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Sonic, Sonic2, Space Harrier, ALex Kid and Zool. Thats all I can think of at the moment and Home Alone was a abombination to the gaming world. Oh and Alladin was a good one.
Tue 17/08/04 at 10:47
Regular
I wonder if that Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade is the same as the old DOS game.

I used to love that one.
Mon 16/08/04 at 13:56
"bdp(big_dude_paul)"
i have some games for that still like colomns, heady... or something and robocop james pond is a good one and as usual all the sonics
Sat 14/08/04 at 23:16
"I love yo... lamp."
I will get some Sonic games at some point, been checking ebay for them. I bought Home Alone today on ebay (What? It might be fun) and Indiana Jones: The Last Crusade in a shop. So at least now I know that the sound works properly.

Next up is an adapter.
Fri 13/08/04 at 22:40
Regular
get yourself that Mickey Mouse title too. I forget what it's called, castle of illusion or something. Always loved that.

Obviously sonic is a must.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.