GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Ninty News - August"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 12/08/04 at 22:35
Regular
"a.k.a King"
We'll start with the new XNA technology that Microsoft has unvieled as the new way in creating games. However, Nintendo and Sony were not impressed, and recent critisism of the technology made the men behind Microsoft fume. Microsoft feel this technology will promote original ideas in games, but Ninty think otherwise.

In the States, GBA TV carts have been produced that play episodes of popular kids TV programmes, such as Pokemon and Sponge Bob. These new carts could be the answer to the PSPs TV/DVD capabilities. A UK release of the carts is due for Christmas.

EGM magazine has confirmed a few DS titles from some major developers. Sega have annonuced a Super Monkey Ball game, Konami will do Castlevania and Silent Hill, and Sonic Team have confirmed Chu-Chu Rocket.

SNK have confirmed a UK release for Metal Slug Advance, and with the game appearing on XBOX, Ninty have done well to get the game into Europe and should be a popular title.

The new Wario Inc. Mega Party Games title for GC is now hitting the shops thsi month for a bargain 20 quid. So now us Brits can save plenty of money of one the best multiplayer games on GC to date.

And finally, Ninty have confirmed that the GBA 2 will now go into development. Details are thin, but we do know it will hae wireless link-up and online capabilities. And after the announcments of the DS and Revolution, it looks like Ninty will have a strong line-up for next generation consoles. But are Nintendo wise to release the DS and GBA 2?

All in all, a pretty good month for Ninty. We now know that the DS should have some pretty kick ass games, and with the likes of Metal Slug on the way, we've got handheld gaming going through our ears this month.
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:51
Regular
"wIeRd"
lol thanx..
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:37
Regular
"bit of a brain"
There's an edit post button, now, Mattitude.
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:32
Regular
"wIeRd"
*note why
Fri 13/08/04 at 18:32
Regular
"wIeRd"
Nope, GBA 2 and DS are totally different projects, not why the DS isnt called Gameboy DS, but Nintendo DS. Also i already have 4 of those GBA videos... Sonic X (1), Spongebob (1) & (2), Pokemon (1)
Fri 13/08/04 at 16:14
"For the horde!!!!"
I though the DS was the GBA2!!
Fri 13/08/04 at 11:40
Regular
"a.k.a King"
gerrid wrote:
> It's the 12th of August.

Well, July/August.
Fri 13/08/04 at 10:40
Regular
Could be worse - could be half hour of grunting (Dragon Ball Z).
Fri 13/08/04 at 01:34
Regular
I soooo cannot wait for Po-kay-mon on the GBA. Think, Peek ah choo onn the GBA!!! OMG!!!

Oh, I just looooved the episode when they went undercover an' couldnae reveel there true identeetees.... MISTY called ASh TOMATO... TOMATO KETCHUP!!!!

coz ASH IZ surname waz KETCHUM!!!! Ged teet?
Fri 13/08/04 at 01:02
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Spongebob on my (non-existent)GBA?

*Shoots load*
Thu 12/08/04 at 23:23
Regular
"bit of a brain"
It's the 12th of August.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.