GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is The GBA Any Good?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/06/01 at 10:15
Regular
Well it's 10am on friday morning well enough time for all those of you skiping school to say if your sparkly new GBA is any good?
Sat 23/06/01 at 10:24
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
i got mine on thursday , got a game on Friday (tony hawks) , woke up at 8 this morning Saturday , still playing on it now !!! WOW Rocket Air !!! best graphics on a handheld EVER ! Everyone get his game !!
Fri 22/06/01 at 20:58
The GBA seems COOL!

I haven't got 1 yet but

£=Get one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fri 22/06/01 at 18:25
Regular
"Whatever!"
Got mine this morning - Absolutely brilliant!! Havent been off it all day!!
Been playing Tony Hawks 2 which is just breathtaking!! Rayman Advance is great so is F Zero!! Havent played Mario Advance or Castlevania yet, will do later though!!
Fri 22/06/01 at 16:08
Every one I know has bought one! They skiped school to get them. I can't write long as I have to go buy one but from what I have seen they are the best thing out. The graphics are wonderful, the size great and the power is well powerful.

C U

I am of to buy one.
Fri 22/06/01 at 14:07
Regular
I got my GBA about a month ago, and it's wicked! I can't wait for MarioKart Advance to come along.

The only criticism i have is that the digital pad is slightly too small for my hands. But thats a minor niggle.

If you can afford one, go and buy one. NOW!
Fri 22/06/01 at 14:03
My GBA is here.
Thank you Parcel Force
NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO, i havent got a game, MArio hasnt come yet and i dont think it will come for a few days. I think ill rent a game. KONOMI RACER here i come
Fri 22/06/01 at 13:56
Regular
"who da man???"
My gameboy advance came this morning at 8 by courier (it woke me up). I was happy bacause I thought it would come by normal post (which comes in the late afternoon).
Fri 22/06/01 at 13:39
My gamboy advance should come today and i was a little worried that it wouldnt be as good as id hoped. But as a big SNES fan it should be brilliant. Especially if the SNES game conversion (play SNES games on the GBA) is true, it is an ESSENTIAL buy.
Long live MARIO/NINTENDO.
Fri 22/06/01 at 11:51
The Game Boy Advance is a fantastic little machine!!
Nintendo have got it just right with the new handheld because it's going to old and new gamers alike.

Firstly, it looks funky, is well designed and comfortable to hold and it has the potential for some really cracking games!

Secondly, for the likes of me (a twenty-something), it feels like a hand held Super Nintendo!

With some ported SNES games (Super Mario Advance 2, Super Mario Kart etc) being planned for the near future, the GBA is going to become a "must have" console.

Techy-stuff aside (we all know the specs anyway), as with any console, it's the game play that's important - which is an area where the GBA excels (it's worth buying for Super Mario Advance alone!).
Fri 22/06/01 at 10:15
Well it's 10am on friday morning well enough time for all those of you skiping school to say if your sparkly new GBA is any good?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.