GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Star Wars Battlefront"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Star Wars: Battlefront'.
Fri 13/08/04 at 22:21
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I hope i'm not the only one getting this game, nobody has been talking about it and it isn't very far away...

You can play with up to 16 players online with a choice of 15 different environments set in 10 planets, it'l also have 20 different soldiers to choose from 4 factions : Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, Republic Clone Army and Separatist Battle Droids.

The 'Historical Campaigns' mode (Story-mode) looks good too, apparently the AI in the game is excellent and the battles are amazing. The main focus on this game is the Online play though, with 16 players on one Star Wars set and loads of AI troops you just know this is going to be good.

Theres more than 30 Star Wars weapons including blaster rifles, rocket launchers and thermal detonators, in addition to ground-based turret guns that can be manned and used to defend command posts. I dunno about you but i'm looking forward to this as much as I am looking forward to Burnout 3, it's got a promising Online mode, an exciting Storyline and clever AI - This could be the best Star Wars game yet.

I hope to see you online on the 29th September.
Sat 14/08/04 at 10:54
Regular
"Touched!"
Trilogy one is the Xbox verson :D
Sat 14/08/04 at 09:18
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Belldandy wrote:
> Think the trilogy demo will be PC format though, I can't see them
> doing Xbox, PS2 and PC versions seperately. On PC it'll have to
> solely rely on the name because the number you can have in one battle
> is crap compared to stuiff like Joint Operations.

I'm pretty sure I read it was Xbox.
Sat 14/08/04 at 08:38
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Think the trilogy demo will be PC format though, I can't see them doing Xbox, PS2 and PC versions seperately. On PC it'll have to solely rely on the name because the number you can have in one battle is crap compared to stuiff like Joint Operations.
Sat 14/08/04 at 07:40
Regular
"BOSE"
May get overshadowed? :-)

I've seen a gameplay clip of this SW game. Looks really cool. Might get it. When does it come out?
Fri 13/08/04 at 23:57
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
This looks excellent, really good. I like the thought of being able to run around shooting people with my blaster, then hopping in an X-Wing and flying about like a loon. Only trouble is it may get overshadowed by Halo 2, Half-Life 2, etc. Although the Star Wars trilogy boxset comes with a demo of this, so that should help swing it.
Fri 13/08/04 at 22:34
Regular
"Gundammmmm!"
Demo is good, but its hard to get a good impression as it is time limited... :(
Fri 13/08/04 at 22:29
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Yeah, I only just heard about it a few days ago. It's been talked about for a while now but because of all the other Star Wars Failures (Clone wars being one of them) people thought it'd just be like all the other Star Wars so not alot of people know about it yet.

Yet.
Fri 13/08/04 at 22:23
Regular
"\\"
I noticed a thread about it in the PS2 forum, was intrigued, looked it up and found it's for xbox aswell. Couldn't be bothered to say anything though. Sounds good though.
Fri 13/08/04 at 22:21
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I hope i'm not the only one getting this game, nobody has been talking about it and it isn't very far away...

You can play with up to 16 players online with a choice of 15 different environments set in 10 planets, it'l also have 20 different soldiers to choose from 4 factions : Rebel Alliance, Galactic Empire, Republic Clone Army and Separatist Battle Droids.

The 'Historical Campaigns' mode (Story-mode) looks good too, apparently the AI in the game is excellent and the battles are amazing. The main focus on this game is the Online play though, with 16 players on one Star Wars set and loads of AI troops you just know this is going to be good.

Theres more than 30 Star Wars weapons including blaster rifles, rocket launchers and thermal detonators, in addition to ground-based turret guns that can be manned and used to defend command posts. I dunno about you but i'm looking forward to this as much as I am looking forward to Burnout 3, it's got a promising Online mode, an exciting Storyline and clever AI - This could be the best Star Wars game yet.

I hope to see you online on the 29th September.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.