GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How cheap is Wii really?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/12/06 at 13:58
Regular
I was discussing the Wii with a friend when I realised that in order for a bunch of us to play games on it, that we would all need our own controllers... would that mean that we would all have to buy separate controllers to play. I got confused and decided to break down the price:

Console prices are never just the retail price, because when people buy games consoles, they usually buy the bundle (even though Wii comes with Wii Sports).

The typical price I reckon for a Wii is:-

£179 - Wii System (incl. 1 Nunchuk) & Wii sports
£65 - extra Wii Remote w/ a game

Sub-Total: £244 (2 controllers)

Not to mention the bundle price Wii that comes with a game at £209.

Before the release however, the price of the Wii was estimated to be £133. This may be true in America ($250) or maybe just discounting the price of Wii Sports.

I still want the Wii for Christmas though...
Thu 21/12/06 at 19:26
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, when he gives his price for a second Wiimote, I think he's also adding on the cost of an extra full-game (ie. Zelda, Red Steel) rather than Wii Play.

The wii is the cheapest home console of the new generation in gaming and the PS3's eventual European release won't change a thing.
Thu 21/12/06 at 15:43
Regular
Haha, where the hell do you shop??

£65 for a wiimote? oh deary me....

And besides, every single console before the Wii has required that extra controllers be bought for multiplayer, why are you making it sound like the Wii is th first to do this? :S
Thu 21/12/06 at 13:58
Regular
I was discussing the Wii with a friend when I realised that in order for a bunch of us to play games on it, that we would all need our own controllers... would that mean that we would all have to buy separate controllers to play. I got confused and decided to break down the price:

Console prices are never just the retail price, because when people buy games consoles, they usually buy the bundle (even though Wii comes with Wii Sports).

The typical price I reckon for a Wii is:-

£179 - Wii System (incl. 1 Nunchuk) & Wii sports
£65 - extra Wii Remote w/ a game

Sub-Total: £244 (2 controllers)

Not to mention the bundle price Wii that comes with a game at £209.

Before the release however, the price of the Wii was estimated to be £133. This may be true in America ($250) or maybe just discounting the price of Wii Sports.

I still want the Wii for Christmas though...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.