GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"[Drink] Irish Beers"

The "Retro Game Reviews" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/12/06 at 11:05
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
A review of my regular Irish tipples.

Beamish Irish Stout

Jet black colour and a pretty dry taste as well. Smells and tastes a bit smoky like a BBQ beer and the head unlike Guinness seems to take on a bit of a brown tinge. Not the best but a good beer non the less.

7/10

Caffreys

Another very creamy drink but not nearly as malty as Guinness and tasting quite similar to a light bitter such as Ruddles. Can taste quite watery and bland at times although if you get a good pint of it you get a nice cold crisp refreshing taste that leaves a satisfying aftertaste.

A good drink to alternate with Guinness in my opinion as the malty taste followed by a nice light taste makes for a good combination.

7/10

Guinness

The king of Irish drinks has a very malty taste that you can almost eat with a knife and fork. Wonderful creamy head on top of a jet black liquid makes this an all round wonderful beverage.

You get a nice malty smell every time you take a sip although it is a very heavy drink and isn’t really one to be drunk with a meal as it fills you up in itself! Really a drink to have probably a couple of times in a session otherwise it can make you feel very bloated and a bit sickly.

Definitely best on draught although the ones out of a can aren’t bad with the widget to give a good creamy head.

10/10

Kilkenny

A light brown coloured drink with a quite sweet taste compared to other Irish beers. A nice creamy head as is to be expected from the Irish breweries, not the best but a pint must be tried to cross off the list.

8/10

Thats yer lot I'm afraid there are other Irish lagers and ciders but I don't drink them so can't do a review.

Feel free to add your own comments or other reviews.
Sat 23/12/06 at 01:59
Regular
I disagree with you about the Guiness, 8/10 everywhere else, but its diffrent in Ireland for some reason 10/10 there. And how can you not give Caffreys a 10?!?!
Fri 22/12/06 at 22:58
Regular
"Blood on my suit"
That is why we rock.
Thu 21/12/06 at 11:05
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
A review of my regular Irish tipples.

Beamish Irish Stout

Jet black colour and a pretty dry taste as well. Smells and tastes a bit smoky like a BBQ beer and the head unlike Guinness seems to take on a bit of a brown tinge. Not the best but a good beer non the less.

7/10

Caffreys

Another very creamy drink but not nearly as malty as Guinness and tasting quite similar to a light bitter such as Ruddles. Can taste quite watery and bland at times although if you get a good pint of it you get a nice cold crisp refreshing taste that leaves a satisfying aftertaste.

A good drink to alternate with Guinness in my opinion as the malty taste followed by a nice light taste makes for a good combination.

7/10

Guinness

The king of Irish drinks has a very malty taste that you can almost eat with a knife and fork. Wonderful creamy head on top of a jet black liquid makes this an all round wonderful beverage.

You get a nice malty smell every time you take a sip although it is a very heavy drink and isn’t really one to be drunk with a meal as it fills you up in itself! Really a drink to have probably a couple of times in a session otherwise it can make you feel very bloated and a bit sickly.

Definitely best on draught although the ones out of a can aren’t bad with the widget to give a good creamy head.

10/10

Kilkenny

A light brown coloured drink with a quite sweet taste compared to other Irish beers. A nice creamy head as is to be expected from the Irish breweries, not the best but a pint must be tried to cross off the list.

8/10

Thats yer lot I'm afraid there are other Irish lagers and ciders but I don't drink them so can't do a review.

Feel free to add your own comments or other reviews.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.