GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A good way to find out if a gba game's pirated!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 16/08/04 at 18:45
Regular
"Raw on"
ok children, listen up!

What you need to do is:

Take your suspicious looking gba cart,

Hold it label side up,

look as far back on the chip board as you can

if your game is legitimate, you should see nintendo in some form or other. Some have dates on (like my street fighter) some have nintendo in a circle

Also, turn the cart label side down and you should see some imprints saying - F >ABS< X=X (x being a number)

if your cart doesn't have these, your game is PIRATE! rat on the little b****r who sold it you!
Mon 16/08/04 at 18:45
Regular
"Raw on"
ok children, listen up!

What you need to do is:

Take your suspicious looking gba cart,

Hold it label side up,

look as far back on the chip board as you can

if your game is legitimate, you should see nintendo in some form or other. Some have dates on (like my street fighter) some have nintendo in a circle

Also, turn the cart label side down and you should see some imprints saying - F >ABS< X=X (x being a number)

if your cart doesn't have these, your game is PIRATE! rat on the little b****r who sold it you!
Mon 16/08/04 at 18:53
Regular
Best way to tell - is the cartridge poorly put together - as if it were taken apart and re-stuck together?

Or is the seal of quality oval? If you've bought a GBA game in Europe it should be a perfect circle.

Also, is the age rating an ESRB or a PEGI/ELSPA one? Should be the latter.

Does it have a full manual?

Lastly, use your common sense. Anyone can put random numbers on a sticker.
Mon 16/08/04 at 19:02
Regular
"Raw on"
oh yeah, and say NO to anything that says RP or rating pending on it - it wouldn't be released without a rating!
Mon 16/08/04 at 19:07
Regular
Nothing in the UK would say RP anyway.
Mon 16/08/04 at 19:18
Regular
"Raw on"
yeah, I know but imports do - a game I bought from here was a USA import, they hang around a bit
Mon 16/08/04 at 19:23
Regular
Like Klingons?
Mon 16/08/04 at 21:49
Regular
"Raw on"
yes, just like klingons... just less annoying
Mon 16/08/04 at 22:05
Regular
You P'tach!
Mon 16/08/04 at 22:13
Regular
"Raw on"
hehe, sorry, I'm not a trekkie... like my star wars too much :P
Mon 16/08/04 at 22:13
Regular
Mesa nawa wookie nipple pinchie?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.