GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Perfect Timing PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/05/00 at 21:04
Regular
I am new to this site and I would like to make one thing clear:The Playstation 2 and Sony are wonderful!
I think the PS2 has come out at exactly the right time, (or at least will come out at exactly the right time). It has enough technology to beat the Dreamcast and I think the dolphin is coming out far too late. The games are also wonderful, there are more and better games on the PS than the Dreamcast and the N64 put together. Now imagine what the PS2 will be like. That just about sums up what I have to say.
Wed 07/06/00 at 18:05
The thing that I think is sad is that people like you and Ant fall for the image instead of good games.....
Mon 15/05/00 at 20:49
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
qaz wrote:
> I cant believe that people are saying that the PS2 "might fail".
> Never in a million years will the Dreamcast last any more that 8
> months after the PS2 is available in the US and UK. Sony just wont
> let it happen. Sega haven`t got the clout anymore. Experience in
> the games market counts for nothing anymore. Money wins the day
> everytime. Money buys you image, image sells consoles. Anyone
> gonna touch the new microsoft X-Box with a barge pole....not i!

The guy that owns the Microsoft X-Box is the richest man alive don't say money wins it! sony is a very powerful company, but they arn't better than microsoft!
Fri 12/05/00 at 11:33
Well all I can say is Bleeders is the only one who seems to know the Hardware side of the PS2 and what it’s capable of and what it can only output (4MB Video Ram). As for the rest of you, do you actually understand the Hardware inside of the PS2 , NO, well try talking to someone who does.
You lot must know that there is a big problem with the hardware working together.
Let’s have a look!

1) PS2 + 4MB Video Ram = graphic capabilities limited CANNOT use all the power the PS2 as to offer.
2) PS2 + NO Anti-aliasing = NO sharp clear images, just BLOCKY, like the ones on PS.
3) PS2 + extremely difficult to develop for = Look what happened to the Saturn, need I say more.
4) NAMCO are the Biggies who are well respected, they have created 1 game so far for DC and it got top marks (Soul C), I must admit it was incredible, they have also created 2 games for the PS2 (Tekken Tag , Ridge Racer V), and both are not up to NAMCO’s usual standards, C’mon were talking NAMCO here, Its NOT their fault, it’s the f~#ked up hardware capabilities of the PS2.
5) As anyone seen whats inside the PS2 and as had everything explained to them, NO, I have. By a good friend who knows 100% what he’s talking about.
6) THESE ARE THE TRUE FACTS, IF YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE TECHKNICAL HARDWARE SIDE OF THE PS2, THEN DON’T BOTHER TO REPLY UNTIL YOU HAVE SPOKEN TO SOMEONE WHO DOES.

I was once a loyal PS member.

PS. As anyone seen the difference between DOA2 on the DC and PS2?
I was mistaken, I thought there was no difference at all, BUT when they were set up on 2 Sony identical TV’s, the DC came out on top for graphical performance.
Its funny really when the PS2 was supposed to be a big leap compared to the DC, which as NOT proved to be at present, the only way I think your going to get all that power out of the PS2, is to have changed the Hardware Video Ram to 8MB or 16MB at least.

I think I will stick with my PS at the moment, until all the consoles are out and then I will decide which one is for me, so far it’s the DC at the moment.
Thu 11/05/00 at 20:35
You said it qaz!!!!!
qaz wrote:
> I cant believe that people are saying that the PS2 "might fail".
> Never in a million years will the Dreamcast last any more that 8
> months after the PS2 is available in the US and UK. Sony just wont
> let it happen. Sega haven`t got the clout anymore. Experience in
> the games market counts for nothing anymore. Money wins the day
> everytime. Money buys you image, image sells consoles. Anyone
> gonna touch the new microsoft X-Box with a barge pole....not i!
>
> Ant wrote:
> > I agree with Duracell Battery man, the PS2 rocks!
> >
> > Bleeders wrote:
> > > Technology won't beat the Dreamcast. The PS2 is the bigger
> > polygon
> > > cruncher granted, but it's lack of Video RAM (DOA2) is seeming
> to
> > > be causing the PS2 problems as is the fact that programmers
> have
> > > said it's harder to program for than the Saturn. Games are the
> > > fighters for both consoles. And to be honest all we've seen so
> > far
> > > on PS2 are rehashes of old titles, where as the Dreamcast has
> > some
> > > terrific titles available at the moment (Shenmue, Powerstone 2,
> > > VOOT, shall I go on?)
> > >
> > > I'll be buying a PS2 when it eventually gets released, but
> whilst
> > > a lot of people who are blinded by company loyalty and who are
> > > expecting Sony to run away with everything, don't count Sega
> out.
> > > They've got a lot of great ideas up there sleeves.
Thu 11/05/00 at 14:53
I cant believe that people are saying that the PS2 "might fail". Never in a million years will the Dreamcast last any more that 8 months after the PS2 is available in the US and UK. Sony just wont let it happen. Sega haven`t got the clout anymore. Experience in the games market counts for nothing anymore. Money wins the day everytime. Money buys you image, image sells consoles. Anyone gonna touch the new microsoft X-Box with a barge pole....not i!

Ant wrote:
> I agree with Duracell Battery man, the PS2 rocks!
>
> Bleeders wrote:
> > Technology won't beat the Dreamcast. The PS2 is the bigger
> polygon
> > cruncher granted, but it's lack of Video RAM (DOA2) is seeming to
> > be causing the PS2 problems as is the fact that programmers have
> > said it's harder to program for than the Saturn. Games are the
> > fighters for both consoles. And to be honest all we've seen so
> far
> > on PS2 are rehashes of old titles, where as the Dreamcast has
> some
> > terrific titles available at the moment (Shenmue, Powerstone 2,
> > VOOT, shall I go on?)
> >
> > I'll be buying a PS2 when it eventually gets released, but whilst
> > a lot of people who are blinded by company loyalty and who are
> > expecting Sony to run away with everything, don't count Sega out.
> > They've got a lot of great ideas up there sleeves.
Wed 10/05/00 at 16:33
I agree with Duracell Battery man, the PS2 rocks!

Bleeders wrote:
> Technology won't beat the Dreamcast. The PS2 is the bigger polygon
> cruncher granted, but it's lack of Video RAM (DOA2) is seeming to
> be causing the PS2 problems as is the fact that programmers have
> said it's harder to program for than the Saturn. Games are the
> fighters for both consoles. And to be honest all we've seen so far
> on PS2 are rehashes of old titles, where as the Dreamcast has some
> terrific titles available at the moment (Shenmue, Powerstone 2,
> VOOT, shall I go on?)
>
> I'll be buying a PS2 when it eventually gets released, but whilst
> a lot of people who are blinded by company loyalty and who are
> expecting Sony to run away with everything, don't count Sega out.
> They've got a lot of great ideas up there sleeves.
Wed 10/05/00 at 13:33
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Technology won't beat the Dreamcast. The PS2 is the bigger polygon cruncher granted, but it's lack of Video RAM (DOA2) is seeming to be causing the PS2 problems as is the fact that programmers have said it's harder to program for than the Saturn. Games are the fighters for both consoles. And to be honest all we've seen so far on PS2 are rehashes of old titles, where as the Dreamcast has some terrific titles available at the moment (Shenmue, Powerstone 2, VOOT, shall I go on?)

I'll be buying a PS2 when it eventually gets released, but whilst a lot of people who are blinded by company loyalty and who are expecting Sony to run away with everything, don't count Sega out. They've got a lot of great ideas up there sleeves.
Tue 09/05/00 at 21:04
I am new to this site and I would like to make one thing clear:The Playstation 2 and Sony are wonderful!
I think the PS2 has come out at exactly the right time, (or at least will come out at exactly the right time). It has enough technology to beat the Dreamcast and I think the dolphin is coming out far too late. The games are also wonderful, there are more and better games on the PS than the Dreamcast and the N64 put together. Now imagine what the PS2 will be like. That just about sums up what I have to say.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.