GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Commodore Amiga 500 For Sale..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 17/08/04 at 17:48
Regular
"the burning sky"
Just before i put this on eBay, comes fully boxed with all the necessary leads etc, and a mouse. Currently there are no games or instruction booklets, but i am waiting on these, as the console was recently given to me to be sold, and this person is still looking for them. So how much would i be looking to get for it, with or without games?? Cheers in advance...
Tue 17/08/04 at 17:48
Regular
"the burning sky"
Just before i put this on eBay, comes fully boxed with all the necessary leads etc, and a mouse. Currently there are no games or instruction booklets, but i am waiting on these, as the console was recently given to me to be sold, and this person is still looking for them. So how much would i be looking to get for it, with or without games?? Cheers in advance...
Tue 17/08/04 at 18:36
Regular
"you've got a beard"
a bog standard 500??
not much i'm afraid mate.. about £20 i'd say
Tue 17/08/04 at 19:12
Regular
"the burning sky"
Sounds good enough, but they arent going for much on eBay atm...
Sun 29/08/04 at 14:56
Regular
"the burning sky"
I never found the booklets, but put it on anyway. It just finished today, and made £19.50, easiest £20 i've ever made. Specially since I rescued the thing from going on the tip... There's a few going in my local paper for a coupla quid, so i might buy a few and chuck them on aswell...
Sat 25/09/04 at 17:15
Regular
"Braaains"
Bear in mind that for true Amiga authenticity you have to sell the machine with the most useless and rubbish games in existence. Wahey! I bought an Amiga? Oh, wait, what's this? Captain Planet and Bart Vs The Space Mutants? Hurrah.
Wed 29/09/04 at 16:00
"Was the man of marz"
Hang your head in shame. You talk of the Amiga like its rubbish and useless. It was ahead of its time, had some great games and you could word process through your Tv. In my view, had there been a decent affordable hard disk for the 500, maybe now we would be using a much better different machine
Wed 29/09/04 at 16:02
Regular
I concur - in the computer/gaming world, the Amiga was king.

This was back when PC's were so crap you'd have to put the screen size to the dimensions of a postage stamp, just to play Doom, and the best consoles available were the Master System and NES.
Wed 29/09/04 at 20:49
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Hannard wrote:
> Bear in mind that for true Amiga authenticity you have to sell the
> machine with the most useless and rubbish games in existence. Wahey!
> I bought an Amiga? Oh, wait, what's this? Captain Planet and Bart Vs
> The Space Mutants? Hurrah.

What? Bart vs the space mutants was class. Damn hard though, the furthest i got was the power plant.
Wed 29/09/04 at 20:57
Amiga forever emulation software (the best of the lot) going at my Clearout IV
Thu 30/09/04 at 19:50
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
cookie monster wrote:

> What? Bart vs the space mutants was class. Damn hard though, the
> furthest i got was the power plant.

...I dont think I even made it that far! Was a very hard game, my most recallable memory of it was on the first level annoying the hell out of Moe on the phone ;)

- The Amiga was well ahead, no doubt about it - I despised PC users, they were unenlightened, but here we all sit today, typing away on one (or a MAC, or even on a Dreamcast if they didn't pull the internet plug yet ;p)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.