GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"sending email"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/06/01 at 16:29
Regular
If you are despirate to send an email without using freeola's dialup, i advise that u use a different smtp server. I dont advise it though, as the poor people at freeola wont make any dosh!

Just an intresting fact.....

Jonno
Thu 12/07/01 at 10:37
"High polygon count"
Yep, Freeola is very fast - the fastest free ISP I've used (as it says in a quote of mine they've used somewhere on this site!)
Wed 11/07/01 at 19:29
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Only thing though is that it's slower for downloading and sending E-mail when I'm not connected to Freeola, Freeola a VERY fast :0)
Wed 11/07/01 at 17:25
"High polygon count"
Same here, cjh. I send via smtp on NTL's servers, but just have the e-mail and reply-to addresses in outlook set to my domain, registered at Freeola.

I do call Freeola's number every so often to make sure my account stays active though, and I have to use it to update my web site. That's going to be a pain soon though, as I'll be going to NTL's broadband internet.
Sat 07/07/01 at 17:32
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Well, I use mainly Freeserve Off-Peak, and sending E-mail too and from my mail address at Freeola, ([email protected]) has been done easiy, so guess it just depends on who else your connected to the net with.
Sat 07/07/01 at 17:25
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Freeserve, IC24, ntlworld, Pones4U and World Online all allow this. I have done it with countless servers and I have had no problems with it at all.
Fri 22/06/01 at 18:35
True. But not if you use an annonymous smtp server.
Fri 22/06/01 at 14:59
Regular
Just a quick note to mention that the few customer who have tried this have encountered problems. In some cases an SMTP server is locked to e-mail accounts that are set up on its system (ie it checks the address you are sending from) and in the other cases the server has implimented this when they have found out that people are doing this.
Fri 22/06/01 at 00:00
Regular
"You Will Bow To Me"
The original poster wanted to be able to send e-mail from their domain on Freeola without having to switch to the freeola dialup each time, which can be done by changing the SMTP server address in your mail program. Easy.
Thu 21/06/01 at 22:42
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
ok you've lost me.. what is it tha tyou lot are wanting to do.... not send E-mail through Freeola??? is that right?? so what do you wanna do then???
Thu 21/06/01 at 20:41
For example, you can use "smtp.ntlworld.net" if you use ntlworld as your ISP. You could also try searching on yahoo for "annonymous SMTP servers".

Alternatively, you could go for a long shot, and just type in smtp.bbc.co.uk, and chances are, they have one, as almost every server has 1! Sorted!

If you have any more questions, email me

[email protected]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.