GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Final Fantasy Board Game"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 18/08/04 at 22:17
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Hey. I just thought of a cool idea. Have like a board game of Final Fanatasy characters, and it'll be just like the actual game! Paticipants will be divided in to 4 teams. I'll tell you the rules when some people have signed up. Max of 20 users.

Don't think this is a commitment. You can only post once a day, and you don't even have to post that often.

So, all FF fans and forum freaks sign up!

This is how is going to work:

There will be 4 teams of up to 5 members. Each team will have a team leader and some people under them.

These are the teams:
(Team Leaders in CAPS)

FF6 team
KEFKA
Terra
Edgar
Locke
Shadow

FF7 team
SEPHIROTH- Witch-king
Cloud
Jenova- Flockhart
Tifa
Aeris

FF8 team
ULTIMECIA
Squall- Squall
Seifer- Dakarus Joe
Zell
Rinoa

FF9 team
KUJA- Astoria
Zidane
Garnet
Vivi- Coin
Steiner

The other participants are yet to be decided. All are welcome.

These are the rules for the game.

Team Leaders have 15 HP and can attack 3 times a day.
Others have 10 HP and can attack twice a day.

People can choose whoever they like as long as no one else has them already.
Sat 21/08/04 at 12:50
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Need 6 more entries before noon tomorrow
Sat 21/08/04 at 11:00
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Okay. Why don't you join in and then judge it when it has finished? I've done it before on other forums and it has worked.
Sat 21/08/04 at 10:58
Regular
"Teal'c"
Some more rules would be good. It's not the idea of teams I hate, it's just that it's really hard to create a simple RPG-type board game, mainly because they require so many rules and different things to keep people occupied.
Sat 21/08/04 at 10:47
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
What, you want an all round melee?
Sat 21/08/04 at 10:47
Regular
"Teal'c"
But...what's the point?

Board games consist of more than just "I attack you, you are hurting" "I attack you back, you are hurting" "I attack you again, you are dead"

Surely all the team leaders would just tell their underdogs to focus on one person at a time to get rid of people more quickly.
Sat 21/08/04 at 10:44
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
what about it do you not understand?

When the teams have been established, each person has 10 HP apart from team leaders who have 15HP. You can attack 2x a day or 3x if you are a team leader.

E.G.

Sephiroth- witch-king and Squall- squall

I can attack 3x a day, but he can only attack twice. When I attack him I take off 1HP per attack.

So,

Attack Squall 3x.

Squall is now down to 7 HP.

Squall this is just a demonstration.
Sat 21/08/04 at 10:38
Regular
"Teal'c"
I honestly don't understand.
Sat 21/08/04 at 10:30
Regular
"Aimar...meh"
Shut it, hove. I bagsy Seifer.
Sat 21/08/04 at 10:30
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Cause it'll light up your dull, dull, life. And plus, you can hurt me!(metaphorically in the online sense.) And you can pretend to be your fav ff character.
Sat 21/08/04 at 10:22
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
witch-king wrote:
> So, all FF fans and forum freaks sign up!

I'm flattered, but why?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.