GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"PS2 .....who will buy??"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/05/00 at 10:26
Regular
Who plans to buy a PS2 on the first day it comes out (providing they make enough and the launch doesn't end up like the N64 fiasco.)

Hopefully by then we'll know more about the X-box, but if not I'll be in one of the queues handing over my hard-earned cash.

What about everybody else?????
Sun 04/06/00 at 23:39
Its not better than the Dreamcast, not as powerful, not as many good games and it will be £150 dearer, added to that the fact that the Dreamcast will be able to play PSX games in double resolution than the PS2 will come summer....
Sun 04/06/00 at 22:03
Not me- it looks rubbish and I have a Dreamcast which is superior
Tue 23/05/00 at 12:53
youre right specs. dont guarentee success sega mega cd anybody remember that? as for playstation 2 dominating the market it is possible but Microsoft may throw a spanner into the works yet.

Internet is going to be available on console! yeah and how much for calls and the dedicated server i wonder! as for DVD whats the deal? you watch the same film with bits that where cut out and a few interviews.

im waiting to see the X-box before a playstation 2 is anybody doing the same.
Fri 19/05/00 at 08:52
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Specifications don't win the Games wars. I thought the PlayStation/N64 battle was evidence of that.

I think if you people are expecting the same leap from PS2 to Dreamcast as we saw with N64 to Dreamcast, your in for a shock.

As for DVD, I think that's the only difference between PS2/Dreamcast, but I know Sega previewed their DVD player at E3. Looks horrid though!
Thu 18/05/00 at 21:22
Look at the specs. We have DVD, the dreamcast doesn't. The only poor thng about the PS2 is it's smaill video ram.
Bleeders wrote:
> Ant wrote:
> > I will be there, handing my money across the counter for a top
> > class console. and it's better than the Dreamcast.
> > Bleeders wrote:
>
> In terms of gaming - what can the PS2 do that the Dreamcast can't?
Wed 17/05/00 at 22:20
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Ant wrote:
> I will be there, handing my money across the counter for a top
> class console. and it's better than the Dreamcast.
> Bleeders wrote:

In terms of gaming - what can the PS2 do that the Dreamcast can't?
Wed 17/05/00 at 20:35
I will be there, handing my money across the counter for a top class console. and it's better than the Dreamcast.
Bleeders wrote:
> Kev wrote:
> > Who plans to buy a PS2 on the first day it comes out (providing
> > they make enough and the launch doesn't end up like the N64
> fiasco.)
> >
> > Hopefully by then we'll know more about the X-box, but if not
> I'll
> > be in one of the queues handing over my hard-earned cash.
> >
> > What about everybody else?????
>
> Probably. Games on launch? Probably Tekken Tag and maybe Ridge
> Racer 5.
>
> Does it bother anyone here that your spending £300 on a console
> that isn't even £100 better than a Dreamcast?
Wed 17/05/00 at 14:10
PLAYSTAION IS THE WAY FORWARD. IT KICKS ANY LEADING CONSOLE MANUFACTURES ASS. SO DESPITE WHAT ANYONE SAYS TO ME I WILL DEFINATELY BE QUEING UP TO PICK UP MY BLACK BOX ON LAUNCH DAY.
Wed 17/05/00 at 11:45
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
Kev wrote:
> Who plans to buy a PS2 on the first day it comes out (providing
> they make enough and the launch doesn't end up like the N64 fiasco.)
>
> Hopefully by then we'll know more about the X-box, but if not I'll
> be in one of the queues handing over my hard-earned cash.
>
> What about everybody else?????

Probably. Games on launch? Probably Tekken Tag and maybe Ridge Racer 5.

Does it bother anyone here that your spending £300 on a console that isn't even £100 better than a Dreamcast?
Wed 17/05/00 at 10:26
Who plans to buy a PS2 on the first day it comes out (providing they make enough and the launch doesn't end up like the N64 fiasco.)

Hopefully by then we'll know more about the X-box, but if not I'll be in one of the queues handing over my hard-earned cash.

What about everybody else?????

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.