GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ADSL2+ roll out hype"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 11/11/09 at 00:21
Regular
there has been all this hype over adsl2+ from ppl l no thats now got it and helped them a lot with lower lats and better speeds for raiding kk yes l play online games
im using a Buffalo WBMR-G125 adsl2+ router the bishop auckland is meant to be getting adsl2+ installed was wondering if there will be any improvement to speed or am l going to be stuck with 2mb in my area hope fully there is all the info needed below but if not just shout up l do my best to get the missing info

Broadband Monthly Tariff 24 Mb Ultra

using the @adsl.enta.net as the adsl.freeola.net one dont work Oo

Internet Connection
Login Type PPPoA
Interface: Up
IP Address: 84.45.*.*
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.255
Default Gateway: 188.39.0.26
DNS 1: 195.74.113.58
DNS 2: 195.74.113.62
DNS 3: 0.0.0.0
WINS: 0.0.0.0
MTU: 1500

DSL Status: Up
DSL Modulation Mode: GDMT
DSL Path Mode: INTERLEAVED
Downstream Rate: 2432 Kbps
Upstream Rate: 448 Kbps
Downstream Margin: 15db
Upstream Margin: 22db
Downstream Line Attenuation: 42
Upstream Line Attenuation: 31
Downstream Transmit Power: 18
Upstream Transmit Power: 11

PVC Connection
Encapsulation: RFC 2364 PPPoA
Multiplexing: VC
QoS: UBR
PCR Rate: 0
SCR Rate: 0
Autodetect: Disable
VPI: 0
VCI: 38
Enable: Yes
PVC Status: Applied

http://www.speedtest.net/result/618708005.png
Thu 12/11/09 at 09:52
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Not bad. You sync speed has increased and interleaving is off. My advice would be to leave your router on all the time and don't touch it now.
Thu 12/11/09 at 09:40
Regular
l had a look before l pop out to do some jobs and these are the readings

DSL Status
DSL Status: Up
DSL Modulation Mode: GDMT
DSL Path Mode: FAST
Downstream Rate: 3424 Kbps
Upstream Rate: 448 Kbps
Downstream Margin: 8db
Upstream Margin: 21db
Downstream Line Attenuation: 42
Upstream Line Attenuation: 31
Downstream Transmit Power: 18
Upstream Transmit Power: 11
Wed 11/11/09 at 16:04
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Well if you want us to give it a go let us know. It takes up to 24 hours for line changes to take effect so the sooner the better.

(Incidentally it would also be an idea to request it over the official support ticket system, as it might not get picked up tonight on the forums)
Wed 11/11/09 at 14:45
Regular
lol np was a little flash back to when BT tried to back mail me back to there services when l moved to freeola

l have not requested any interleaved tbh l did not no about it till you said and looking at a old screen shot off my old smc it use to say "fast" where this buffalo is saying interleaved l was thinking its the way this router sees it or it mite be from them diagnostics testing etc

lm reading Hmms website at the mo trying to understand it good site for info from what l picked up so far

and l have had my bro in the past set off wow patch then hide his laptop after reloading the game but l started to keep my Cat5 leads out off the way but the buffalo got wireless that was switched off asp lol
Wed 11/11/09 at 14:00
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Unfortunately I didn't really understand all that :S Do you mean you have had problems with BT or that our tech guys were not helpful?

And I meant investigation as in diagnostics testing etc, not your connection being used by your brother :D Although I find with my connection it's always a good idea to assure no one is using it to download stuff they shouldn't. Damn those sisters.

Interleaving is something you can request from ourselves. I can switch it off for you if you wish.
Wed 11/11/09 at 13:35
Regular
or my adsl life been a fun from from the get go when l 1st moved from BT openworld back at 15 or 27 September 2005 l was on 1mb with them then when l moved over l was only giving 512 from there bt checker but when l speaking to them back then they said they can supply me the 1mb if l come back to BT ...Oo so some fight later l got my 2mb with freeola thanks to andrew @ adslguide and a Bt wholesale techs been a fight any time l been wanting to do any thing with this line but BT 1st line is move back to there internet and we can support it tbh that way off going on will lose trade in my book

any way back to the point lol the since my old SMC SMC7401BRA died 4 years good service rest its transistors l picked up this buffalo WBMR-G125 and l cant see where l can alter the interleaving or is it some thing BT wholesale side ?

Oo "Oddly that seems to jog my memory slightly :S I can see from the account notes that the account has been under investigation lately." lm l to check my brothers PC see what hes been upto
Wed 11/11/09 at 12:30
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Oddly that seems to jog my memory slightly :S I can see from the account notes that the account has been under investigation lately.

But my point on ADSL2+ remains valid, but if the sync can be improved you should see much more interesting benefits.

Also as to the interleaving for online gaming? Any thoughts?
Wed 11/11/09 at 11:27
Regular
there is a slit problem with getting to BT master socket when l had radiators fitted l did not see at the time but thay covered the BT socket with a corner radiator no space to remove the screws lm going to sort that out any way but not soming l can do fast at the mo
Wed 11/11/09 at 11:07
"Are you sure?"
Sean_NE wrote:
> using the @adsl.enta.net as the adsl.freeola.net one dont work Oo

This is a known issue and is taking a while to resolve - it can confuse things somewhat!
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Wed 11/11/09 at 11:01
"Are you sure?"
Hi Sean_NE and welcome to the forums.
Forgetting your ADSL2+ question - you should be syncing a lot higher than 2432 with your line's attenuation (42db)!

My line's attenuation is 51db and I sync around 4500kbps with a target snr of 9db.

'Attenuation' is an indication of your line's length and quality. The lower the better!

It looks like your target snr is 15db which will slow things up a bit but not as much as you are seeing.

If you have a modern bt socket can you use the TEST socket and repost your router stats?

With your attenuation you should be able to get double your speed!

More information on attenuation etc. here. Most likely causes of a low sync are phone extensions introducing interference - which can all be improved.
[s]Hmmm...[/s]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.